pocket aces

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is never a good idea to slow play anything imo.
The only time I woud attempt to do it, is if there was some aggro monkey at the table betting for me.

This! The only time I'm limping in Aces or slow playing is when I know I have one or more aggrotards to my left that will more than likely raise it up and seal their fate (unless of course they bink the magic flop but that's the chance u take with them anyway).

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last time I tried to slow play pocket Aces by limping in, I ended up inviting 3 callers and the BB to the hand. An Ace hit the flop, but so did a 3 and 5, which connected nicely with the BB's 2 4. The slow play-er became the slow play-ee and I was visited by the "Thanks for playing" pop-up.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been burned too many times, when you get pocket aces get as much money in as quick as possible. I have been playing poker for many years and I guess I have lost more money slow playing aces that with any other hand, if you only win the blinds fine but dont under 99.9% circumstances slow play aces.
I have learn from experience that it is very rare that slow playing any hand is profitable unless you have the absolute, stone cold nuts.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
99% of the time I would go all in. The other 1% I get drawn out on by some donk that hits a str8, flush, or some other hand.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What i want to know is how many of you have been sucked out on slow playing pockit aces trying to bild trhe pot? I have been alot should you bet big and win little or is slow playing aces smart playing?:eek:
without looking at other responses my opinion is you should never ever slowplay aces as you lose too much value.
when holding AA, you should be betting 4xBB+1BB for every limper pre-flop, and if you do get someone calling your pre-flop raise be ready to let those aces go when met with hard opposition on the flop as the caller/s may have spiked a set/straight/quads depending on the read you have on your opponents.