vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Every single person other than you agreed entirely with me in this thread. You are just being a little sh**head to me at any given opportunity and no one is even joining anymore.

You must suffer from delusions of grandeur because no one responded to you in this thread. One person (OP) responded that they appreciated all the replies and that they were interested to read them, and you assumed they were thanking you specifically.

Your statements are not helpful. They are as insightful as pointing out that a deck of cards has 4 Aces in it. Stop parading around like you are more important than you are.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You must suffer from delusions of grandeur because no one responded to you in this thread. One person (OP) responded that they appreciated all the replies and that they were interested to read them, and you assumed they were thanking you specifically.

Your statements are not helpful. They are as insightful as pointing out that a deck of cards has 4 Aces in it. Stop parading around like you are more important than you are.
I'd like to see you stop me.

I replied the same opinion as all others yet my post was the only one you replied to and you failed to prove how it's equally potent in omaha as in holde'em or even 'more potent' in omaha which are the only 2 ways you can disprove what I said.

All you do is attack my character because my reasoning is f***ing facts and the only thing that you ever type to me is something to bring me down. I am not your losing player of a stepbrother and I am not your b***h, if you got an issue with me suck it up and move on with life you miserable bully.

I am not somebody you want to start a rivalry with, you will never get to me and I will get deep under your skin.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'd like to see you stop me.

I replied the same opinion as all others yet my post was the only one you replied to and you failed to prove how it's equally potent in omaha as in holde'em or even 'more potent' in omaha which are the only 2 ways you can disprove what I said.

All you do is attack my character because my reasoning is f***ing facts and the only thing that you ever type to me is something to bring me down. I am not your losing player of a stepbrother and I am not your b***h, if you got an issue with me suck it up and move on with life you miserable bully.

I am not somebody you want to start a rivalry with, you will never get to me and I will get deep under your skin.

How many hands of real money omaha have you actually played? Oh, right! None. I will point out your lack of knowledge and experience when you arrive in a thread pretending you have insight to offer. If you don't know what you're talking about, I will call you out on it. In this case, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Don't kid yourself. You're not important enough to get under my skin. You seem to be the one getting frustrated. You know what can relieve that frustration? Finding some real money, buying HM2, and posting your graphs. It shouldn't be hard for a "winning" player to afford HM2. It would be fantastic if you would post your real money Omaha graphs also. You won't. You'll sit here and make some lame excuse about how you have nothing to prove or whatever. We all know what it means. You can pretend you're fooling us, but you're only fooling yourself.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands of real money omaha have you actually played? Oh, right! None. I will point out your lack of knowledge and experience when you arrive in a thread pretending you have insight to offer. If you don't know what you're talking about, I will call you out on it. In this case, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Don't kid yourself. You're not important enough to get under my skin. You seem to be the one getting frustrated. You know what can relieve that frustration? Finding some real money, buying HM2, and posting your graphs. It shouldn't be hard for a "winning" player to afford HM2. It would be fantastic if you would post your real money Omaha graphs also. You won't. You'll sit here and make some lame excuse about how you have nothing to prove or whatever. We all know what it means. You can pretend you're fooling us, but you're only fooling yourself.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=3XZVmnLCkUc

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I hate to admit , but I have lost many times at cash games 5nl zoom with AAxx cards , when I see AA I might get confused with the odds on NLH or whatever , I start betting heavily preflop , but postflop usually there's nothing to cbet on the flop , but my tilt gets me to go all in , and I lose when the river card completes the board .That's why I have stopped for a while playing cash games PLO until I become better , many losses :( .

I try to combine AA with other pairs xx and suitedness at the same time , but still , I have to learn a looooooot more till I become an average PLO player , if Iever become one :)

Next time I play zoom 5nl PLO maybe I 'll try low suited connectors for a change along with what I will have learned by then ;)

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now you are offering Omaha wisdom? Have you even played more than a dozen hands of real money Omaha?

AAxx is a strong hand in Omaha. If the money goes in before the flop, you will almost certainly have the best of it. But, the game is pot-limit and the money almost certainly won't be all-in before the flop. You are probably going to see a flop with it.

In hold'em hand values are fairly static. If you had the best hand preflop, you will have the best hand on the flop the vast majority of the time. And the best hand on the flop remains the best and the turn most of the time. Same thing for turn to river.

This is not the case for Omaha. Hand values are very dynamic. AAxx will still be the best hand (heads up) on a lot of flops, but significantly less flops than AA would still be best in hold'em. And, those times when it is best, your opponent could have multiple draws, pair plus draws, and so on to where they have the equity to get the money in and see the river. If you 3-bet your AAxx hand (which you should most of the time), it is usually obvious what you have. Most players don't 3-bet other hands often enough.

It gets worse. You don't know what draws your opponent has on the flop. So a board of 9c8d3c is just horrible when you have AAxx and no clubs. Any club or a 5, 6, 7, 10, J, or Q completes an obvious draw your opponent might have. If the 8 or 9 pairs, they could have trips. That is like 2/3rds of the deck that could have changed the leader. On the turn, if there is still lots of money, you will have to guess if your opponent is bluffing or hit.

The nuts on the flop is rarely the nuts by the river. AAxx is still a powerhouse hand and should be treated as such. It just isn't as obviously profitable as AA in hold'em.

The is good advice. When I started playing Omaha made mistakes with 3 betting AAxx hands preflop like I was playing HE and got killed
I preraise preflop in position with a hand I think might hit hard on the flop. Double pairs AAKK or JJQQ Or wrap like J 10 9 x is good. I don’t really look for double suited it great if I have it. But it do hard to get it on the flop. I play for my S8 and higher FH I’m more cautious of flushes on the board I don’t fish for Ax suited combo but it’s nice to have as a starting hand and it’s great have a back door flush to draw too.
Cause flush flops kills the action. So I rather play for it at the turn or river. It best not to raise of hopping to get a flush right away
Also don’t play lower pairs or mid pairs. Getting set looks good but gets beat out regularly by S8s maybe getting the occasional quad but not paying to go the river expecting a set to turn to a quad.
Also if the lowly set turns into a boat then there also a possible overfull boat present and gets beaten again
In late position I prefer to raise with wrap possibilities and then usually the players let the action go to the preflop raiser me and I can defer it the flop is favourable or almost favourable
With double pairs I raise preflop in any position but do not raise low pairs like 2233.