Plugging Leaks

L

linda1963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has anybody got any advice into firstly finding and then eradicating leaks in my micro-stakes NLHE game

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always make an analysis of played and lost hands.Think about why you lost in a particular hand-this will be useful to you in the future when taking certain actions in the game.good luck.

L

linda1963

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always make an analysis of played and lost hands.Think about why you lost in a particular hand-this will be useful to you in the future when taking certain actions in the game.good luck.

Thankyou:)

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of the most important things to learn at first is hand ranges. When your first person into the pot come in for a raise. Play tighter from early positons. Learn to 3bet in rasied pots. If you learn a good preflop game this will help out a ton cause if you make mistakes preflop things can get expensive when you get to the river.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is very easy to learn to play poker on your own, but to learn to win on your own is much more difficult !!! You yourself may never notice the leaks you are talking about, or it will take a lot of time to find them !!! With a good trnner you can do it much faster and better !!! If you don't have money for a trainer then try to create a new topic, record a video of your game session and post it for discussion !!! Maybe this will help !!!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The won hands in your poker statistics are 42.5% and this is very small !!! I am sure you definitely need to revise the opening range !!!

H

Hermus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Accumulate a good sample size of hands and look for statistics that are very different from optimal.

Common high impact leaks to begin with are:
  1. Opening wide/tight (review VPIP)
  2. Calling too much preflop (review VPIP/PFR ratio)
  3. Being passive postflop (review AF)
  4. 3-betting too tight (too loose is very uncommon but might also be a leak) (review 3-bet%)
  5. c-betting a lot or not enough (review flop c-bet%)
  6. calling c-bets too much or not floating enough (review flop fold vs c-bet)
If you're not sure about any of those spots start by studying the specific topic.

As your understanding of poker increases, you naturally find other spots where you might be playing a suboptimal strategy.

During a session, I always mark the hands where I was unsure about my strategy. Reviewing those specific hands will optimise your strategy for similar future situations.