R

RAGNARKZ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Because you raise the blinds recklessly, or you go all-in with a bad card, or you don't fold in time.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Together these two statements give an indication of, what the root of your problem is. You are not properly bankrolled for the games, you play, so you *need* luck to fall your way right here and now, before you bust your roll. At the same time you are not willing to move down and play games, you are bankrolled for, which is an indication of a gambling problem. Its also part of the reason for your tilt issues, because if you basically cant afford to lose, then losing obviously feel much more devastating. With a pattern like this its probably best for you to give up poker permanently.
I can assure you I am not concerned about my bankroll.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is a vague question, but I truly don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. I know it’s not opening ranges because I go by the ones given by this site.
The great thing about this site is they love when you post and there are winning players who enjoy helping-
So if you are good preflop then all the issues happen post flop and the only way we can help is for you to post hands you played for comment
As I said above you can post dozens of hands so go for it--

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn to study and always review your games that will possibly improve your game a lot.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The great thing about this site is they love when you post and there are winning players who enjoy helping-
So if you are good preflop then all the issues happen post flop and the only way we can help is for you to post hands you played for comment
As I said above you can post dozens of hands so go for it--
As I’ve said repeatedly I don’t know how

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As I’ve said repeatedly I don’t know how
You can find information here on how to post hands in the forum:

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can find information here on how to post hands in the forum:
That’s Greek to me

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That’s Greek to me
So I’m going to ask this straight up, what is it you want to get out of playing poker, and what help are you looking for here. I ask as it seems you aren’t willing to accept or at least listen to what advice has been provided thus far.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I’m going to ask this straight up, what is it you want to get out of playing poker, and what help are you looking for here. I ask as it seems you aren’t willing to accept or at least listen to what advice has been provided thus far.
Telling me in plain English how to post a hand would be a nice start. I read the instructions and have no clue. You all just assume people are experts at poker and computers before they come here. I won’t waste anymore of your precious time.

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That’s pretty odd, people are trying to help you and instead of listening you argue. It’s seems like you are a spoiled millennial brat. Sadly I think you suck for a specific reason and unfortunately until you change your attitude “sucking” is the only way to go for you.
Maybe you just suck. That’s a possibility too. Maybe you are just bad at poker? Maybe it is not for you. Maybe all of your bad beats are telling you: “stop playing buddy you suck”.
You were done with the game couple of days ago if I’m correct. Maybe it was a right decision?
😁

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Telling me in plain English how to post a hand would be a nice start. I read the instructions and have no clue. You all just assume people are experts at poker and computers before they come here. I won’t waste anymore of your precious time.
Well, you can request the hand history from the site you’re playing on and just copy and paste the text here, most of us can read it and go from there. And further, if you don’t know how to request your hand history, tell us the site/App you play on and we can tell you how to do so.

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s pretty odd, people are trying to help you and instead of listening you argue. It’s seems like you are a spoiled millennial brat. Sadly I think you suck for a specific reason and unfortunately until you change your attitude “sucking” is the only way to go for you.
Maybe you just suck. That’s a possibility too. Maybe you are just bad at poker? Maybe it is not for you. Maybe all of your bad beats are telling you: “stop playing buddy you suck”.
You were done with the game couple of days ago if I’m correct. Maybe it was a right decision?
😁
The only help I’ve received or ever receive is, “post a hand,” and I’ve said repeatedly I don’t know how.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I will try to understand you friend
First of all, the issue of ranges can be seen in the 4th class of our Cardschat course, as Normino says, the course is excellent.

Range is equal to knowing or trying to know and analyze what cards your opponent has in consequence of his bet and your cards and bet.
Example: you are in UTG with 1010 and you miniraise, UTG1, MP1, MP2 fold to the one in CO and raise 3bet, BN and SB fold and BB raise 4bet. It's your turn to call, fold or 5 bet, or go allin, the question is,,,, what Rank do CO and BB have with respect to me to act accordingly????
If you ask me, CO 3-bet can be in a range of JJ+ and BB seeing as you mini-raise and CO 3-bet, and at his range it would be QQ+. After that you make the decision to adopt.
This would be logical, now at the tables this depends on many things, see and analyze all possible information on which your opponents make the raises. There you can have a player like the one in the example that in BB he always makes 3 or 4 bets not necessarily with QQ +, maybe he does it with a 77 because his strategy is to steal blinds. It all depends on the table situation.

The issue that nobody folds when you bet can have several reasons. If you are convinced that you have top pair and it is raise and raise and raise until the opponent folds, I think that is a big mistake.
If the opponent does not withdraw it is because, either he has a specific game, for example a hidden set played that happens a lot in tournaments. Either he is hoping to hit a possible nut, flush or straight. Or he thinks he has top pair too with a higher kicker than you. Or he too has top pair and is expecting a double pair. There are many reasons why a player does not retire friend.

As for concentration, this is basic and fundamental in poker. If you lose concentration, discipline, patience and you don't know how to see the situations that the game demands of you, I would really tell you from the heart you can dedicate yourself another game.

Well I hope this can help you.
Try not to criticize your game, but try to improve your attitudes towards the game.

And don't want to win every hand, because this is impossible.

Greetings friend and forward:):):)(y)(y)(y):giggle::giggle::giggle:

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The only help I’ve received or ever receive is, “post a hand,” and I’ve said repeatedly I don’t know how.
Friend, don't just wait for the top pairs to play. Always look at your position at the table and choose strong and speculative hands as well. And when you have a top pair, it's expensive for villain to see the flop. When we let villain see the flop he gains strength. If you have a top pair, clear the table. The ideal is to stay you and just one more. But if everyone runs, you've won the blinds. It's better than getting a Bad Beat in the face.
I wish you had been more clear about your problem. We would be able to help you more.

It is difficult to answer your question. But no one can help you except yourself. Try to analyze your game and your mistakes, maybe this way you will find the reason. Review your long-term goals and adjust them as needed. The main thing is not to get upset and do not give up.

If you went through the CardsChat free course then you should get the badge or award added to your CC profile.

If you just looked at a few chapters but didn't actually go through the course then you should - that is if you really want to learn to play well.

You can even start your own thread covering your journey through the course.

Good luck !

The goal is for betting is either:
  • To make worse hands call, or
  • Better hands fold.
So it really depends on your hand and the board if you really want to make people fold. When you have the nuts, ofc you want them to call.

I can also recommend the CardsChat training course and also to share some hands, so people can give proper feedback.

With those general statements, we are definitely not be able to help you out.

I truly never believe its never as simple as " i suck at poker" as there is usually several determined reasons which may be underpinning a bad run of form, making sub optimal decisions in specific spots and when you add that together with RNG/Downswings and good old fashioned run bad and tilt - it can make you feel the way you do - and thats understandable and perfectly natural to feel that way at times - ive never known a poker player who has not experienced some or all of those emotions.
You have already been given some really good advice in previous messages above - my advice is simply to revisit the basics of the game and as Normino has said above - the CC 30 day course is a great place to start, i would also recommend (if you have not already) to check out some of the pro streamers on Twitch and can definitely recommend Spraggy/Kevin Martin/Lex Veldhuis to name only three.
There is also value in looking at not only the position you play from but also your bet sizing and also timing of play - yes believe it or not - you can sometimes get a real feel and a read on players by the timing of their decisions - not always but sometimes..
Good Luck my friend - it will be good to see how you progress as you have taken the first step here by posting and asking for help and advice - kudos to you.

It's simple but not profitable to play knowing your range, your style, all these things about YOU! It's so easy - and that's why you think that you suck, because it's all that you know - and that's the reason why you blame yourself. Because you don't know who else to blame...

Try to think wider...

Try to think objectively, not subjectively.

Ok, so you know your ranges, your decisions, but what about the rest of the table? Do you know the ranges, strong and weak spots of remaining 5-8 players at the table? Do you know why and when it's good to 3bet with 27os and why it's good to fold that AK? If you think about such things objectively you will see the obvious truth that you're not alone at the table, and not alone in your wish to win, and maybe not the luckiest and not the best in understanding the game of poker. But often it all does not matter on your way to the final.

Learn more. Watch how successful poker players play. This will always be useful

Things happen. A friend said before, and it's very valid, try not to take it personally. Analyze more technically. Try doing it differently next time. The results come with a lot of analysis and study. Good luck.

This is so true!

@Murph1969 - you've gotten some really good advice in this thread so far, but I'm going to go one step further: take a break. I've looked at some of you other very recent posts, and you are definitely suffering from some tilt as well. Successful poker players know when to take a break. A few days, a week, a month - whatever you think will work best for you. And then maybe spend time where you would have otherwise been playing and use that time to study, read, finish our poker course. But first take a break away from the tables and do something that brings you calm, and makes you happy.

Learn to study and always review your games that will possibly improve your game a lot.

View attachment 316715
So I’ve gone ahead and found all/most of the tips/advise that’s been provided that doesn’t ask for your hand history excluding what advice I’ve provided. There’s a lot of commonalities as we can see. Without even seeing the hand history I’d take a deeper look into what’s been provided.

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is a vague question, but I truly don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. I know it’s not opening ranges because I go by the ones given by this site.
you need to think more about your actions and read your opponents. But it also happens that you are too tired from poker, so you need peace and rest.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Telling me in plain English how to post a hand would be a nice start.
I have explained that to you in a previous thread but here we go again:

1) Buy the program PT4. It cost 100 dollars and change for a lifetime license.
2) Open an account on a site, which is not anonymous, and where PT4 work.
3) Play some tournaments there and let PT4 collect your hand histories.
4) Look at the hands, you like to review, in the replayer.
5) If you want advice about a hand, then copy-paste the hand history from PT4 into the hand history converter and share it.

Please note that having PT4 is not only for sharing hands to a forum. The far more important use of the program is, that it allow you to review your own hands away from the table, which is something, all winning players to do learn and improve. Below is an example of, what it looks like:

pokerstars, $4.55 + $0.45 - Hold'em No Limit - 800/1,600 (150 ante) - 2 players
Hand delivered by CardsChat - https://www.cardschat.com/hand-converter.php

Fundiver199 (SB): 44,871 (28 bb)
50()5084 (BB): 16,629 (10 bb)

Pre-Flop: (2,700) Hero (Fundiver199) is SB with 9♠ 4♥
Fundiver199 (SB) calls 800, 50()5084 (BB) checks

Flop: (3,500) 6♣ 2♦ 3♠ (2 players)
50()5084 (BB) checks, Fundiver199 (SB) bets 1,600, 50()5084 (BB) calls 1,600

Turn: (6,700) K♣ (2 players)
50()5084 (BB) checks, Fundiver199 (SB) checks

River: (6,700) 9♥ (2 players)
50()5084 (BB) checks, Fundiver199 (SB) bets 2,680, 50()5084 (BB) calls 2,680

Total pot: 12,060

Showdown:
Fundiver199 (SB) shows 9♠ 4♥ (a pair of Nines)
(equity - Pre-Flop: 61%, Flop: 23%, Turn: 14%, River: 100%)

50()5084 (BB) mucks 2♣ 5♥ (a pair of Twos)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 39%, Flop: 77%, Turn: 86%, River: 0%)

Fundiver199 (SB) wins 12,060

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To say the here and now doesn’t matter is ridiculous. None of us have unlimited bankrolls or unlimited time. We’re not gonna be in this spot a million times. We need to win when we have the opportunity.

Oh, come one, I have to stand by his side on this one, it's not like you can control it rationally, you need to train yourself into it and this requires practice.
But that's the point. Of course there will be "WTF??" moments - that's poker. Even the very best let it get to them in the heat of the moment. But you have to then let it go. He's not letting it go. That's a sign of tilt. That's a sign you need to take a break.

That’s Greek to me
If you want to get better you have to at least try. I hope you take all the great advice that's been given to you in here, by people who have been through it, who worked through it. There's no magic pill, there's not easy "Do x, y, and z, and you will always win!" solution. You have to put in the work, you have to put in the study time, you have to get your mind right (and that may be the most important thing, honestly). If you're not willing to put in the work, then you will not progress from where you are.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, come one, I have to stand by his side on this one, it's not like you can control it rationally, you need to train yourself into it and this requires practice.
But that's the point. Of course there will be "WTF??" moments - that's poker. Even the very best let it get to them in the heat of the moment. But you have to then let it go. He's not letting it go. That's a sign of tilt. That's a sign you need to take a break.
It's contradiction. You can't let it go and make a break and practice at the same time. You either take a break or practice.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's contradiction. You can't let it go and make a break and practice at the same time. You either take a break or practice.
When you can't let it go, that's when you take a break. Read, study. Or just get away from the game completely to clear your mind. Go for a walk, go out with friends, spend time with your family - get out of the game for a little while. When your head is right, get back in.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you can't let it go, that's when you take a break.
When you take a break you don't practice, don't make profits, you are not getting results. It's better to take a break after making some results.

There are various ways depending on where you play and what tools do you have. Simplest is just describing with words, write here that you got this, the flop was that, the pot was like this. Who raised, who called, who bet.
Start like this, then learn how to use forms available in "Tournament hand analysis" and "Cash hand analysis".

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I get what you're saying her but yes you can take a break from playing the game while studying. When my game is going badly, and I am starting to lose control I will take time away from the game. That does not mean totally. I will review my play and study the game. One of the thinks that has helped me the most was taking a week or more away from playing and working on the game. Yes take a few days off. Many time I find that I am making errors or changes into my game i did not realize I was making, and this was why it was going badly for me. Yes, there are times it's not you but then you will at least know then that variance is kicking you in the mouth.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I get what you're saying her but yes you can take a break from playing the game while studying.
I get what you are saying, for me, for example, it doesn't work like this. I only hope the question author will be able to chose advice suitable for himself.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I get what you are saying, for me, for example, it doesn't work like this. I only hope the question author will be able to chose advice suitable for himself.
Ultimately that's what it comes down to. But if someone is really struggling, and getting nothing but frustration out of what they're doing, my experience is that walking away for a bit, then taking it from a different angle can put things in better perspective.

Poker Tells