BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I often have two lower cards in my hand of the same suit . I'm in a late position and three more cards of the same suit come in on the flop. How do I play against a player who entered the pot from an early position? He may have an ace or another high card of the same suit and is always aggressive.

Last edited:
Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hi
In this case, it is better to slow down the reaction in a way that makes the opponent rethink his aggressiveness, and drag him until the turn and the river are flipped, or vice versa, defend your hand more aggressively than him to not leave the opportunity for luck to be the cause of your loss.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If he goes all-in, for me the right decision would be to match the bet, given that we have 100 blinds and he only has one high card of that suit in his hand.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
In this case, it is better to slow down the reaction in a way that makes the opponent rethink his aggressiveness, and drag him until the turn and the river are flipped, or vice versa, defend your hand more aggressively than him to not leave the opportunity for luck to be the cause of your loss.
If he goes all-in, for me the right decision would be to match the bet, given that we have 100 blinds and he only has one high card of that suit in his hand.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Typically a low flush want to fastplay and raise the flop, because you can get value from single card flushdraws or deny their equity, and you can also get value from sets and sometimes two pair or top pair / overpair type hands. If it happen to be a flush over flush situation, then so be it. The way to avoid that is not always call preflop with small suited cards but rather fold or 3-bet most of the time. If a fourth flushcard rolls off on the turn or river, its ok to fold a small flush to significant aggression.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I often have two lower cards in my hand of the same suit . I'm in a late position and three more cards of the same suit come in on the flop. How do I play against a player who entered the pot from an early position? He may have an ace or another high card of the same suit and is always aggressive.
Have you ever watched Michael Mizrachi Play In a Tournament? He often plays any 2 cards when on the BB. He hates to throw Blinds away without defending them, and probably play's more hands than anyone else in a Tournament. Look him up on any WPT Event and you will be amazed at how he plays smaller cards, sometimes bluffing to win the hand but always defending his Blinds.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Typically a low flush want to fastplay and raise the flop, because you can get value from single card flushdraws or deny their equity, and you can also get value from sets and sometimes two pair or top pair / overpair type hands. If it happen to be a flush over flush situation, then so be it. The way to avoid that is not always call preflop with small suited cards but rather fold or 3-bet most of the time. If a fourth flushcard rolls off on the turn or river, its ok to fold a small flush to significant aaggression.
Thank you, I love reading your comments.II always take away something useful for myself. In the Sunday storm, I had 23 blinds left, with 300 people remaining until the prizes. I had a ready flush, and my opponent went all-in. I called and he caught another card, knocking out my flush from the tournament. That's why I decided to seek advice. Thank you

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Have you ever watched Michael Mizrachi Play In a Tournament? He often plays any 2 cards when on the BB. He hates to throw Blinds away without defending them, and probably play's more hands than anyone else in a Tournament. Look him up on any WPT Event and you will be amazed at how he plays smaller cards, sometimes bluffing to win the hand but always defending his Blinds.
Thank you, I've never watched his game, I'm afraid it's still too early for me to play in that style. I'm just starting to play and I lean towards a tighter approach, but sometimes I surprise myself with the trash hands I manage to win with from the big blind. It usually ends up causing problems for me later on.

Poker Tells