playing the Nuts

louuu19

louuu19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What's the most profitable way to play the nuts, aggressively or being tricky?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends on the opponent , how many blinds you have , the stage of the tournament . I like the tricky way , especially if the opponent is loose a lot .

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
That’s what you have to figure out. It depends on if you flopped the nuts, will they still be the nuts at the end of the hand? Did you River the nuts? What position are you in? How many players in the hand. Hopefully you have been paying attention up to this point and you have a good read on your opponents. Good luck!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Playing poker can be a lot of fun if it's done well. If we talk about absolute nuts, it means a combination that dominates the course of the draw. It can only be seen on the river. You need to play aggressively here.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
depends on the players, type of game and some luck. I like to try make the other player do the work and take advantage, but that doesnt always work

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Maybe I'm a bit stupid but which nuts are we talking about here? Is this about how to play AA or is it about the best possible hand you can have and you know for sure that no one at the table can have a better one?

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends on a lot of things, like how you are perceived as a player, How you perceive the players you are up against, What position you are in at the table, Chip stack size's, The list can go on and on.
I once found myself in a game on the BB with pocket Kings 3 other players limped in, Now a friend who was watching me said "Boom shove it all in" I just said "No thanks, Just watch and Learn" The flop came K/J/J and I checked, the other players took over the action and after a series of bets and raises I just came along for the ride, After the 2nd King landed on the Turn I checked again, My Friend watching this on my computer could not believe I was playing so slow but after more bets and calls I Told him "These two are both playing 10/Jack" and he said "how can you possibly know that" I just said "I don't, but willing to bet you on it" The 4th limper folded on the Turn and then I started to raise, just enough so that the shortest stack would be pot committed and would have to shove all-in the other player just called and I re-raised again this time enough to make him go all-in and he did.
The cards were turned over and sure enough they both had Jack/10.
Now you could argue that any 4 of a kind can be beaten with a Straight Flush of Royal Flush, but with 4 different suits on the table when the Turn card landed that was impossible so Yes! I had the "Nuts"!
Give them enough Rope and they Will Hang themselves!

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
That is very, very specific play. It works really well when I play the nuts as a bluff. And sometimes it also happens when I press hard. In the first case, if the opponent reads the game, there is a high probability of success. In the second, it often happens that big bets are paid for just a pair.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of your opponent style. Most of the times I prefer to slow play, but like I said it all depends of your reading of your opponent.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think the nuts will be played to get more values from them, and you should get more chips from this hand.

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
What is the most profitable way to throw nuts, aggressively or by being sly?
It depends on the tournament, the type of opponent and other circumstances, but during a tournament, a mix of aggressiveness and passivity will certainly confuse and bring better results than always acting in the same way.

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe I'm a bit stupid but which nuts are we talking about here? Is this about how to play AA or is it about the best possible hand you can have and you know for sure that no one at the table can have a better one?
🎂Most likely we are talking about a chocolate cake with nuts inside.🎂

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Depends on a lot of things, like how you are perceived as a player, How you perceive the players you are up against, What position you are in at the table, Chip stack size's, The list can go on and on.
I once found myself in a game on the BB with pocket Kings 3 other players limped in, Now a friend who was watching me said "Boom shove it all in" I just said "No thanks, Just watch and Learn" The flop came K/J/J and I checked, the other players took over the action and after a series of bets and raises I just came along for the ride, After the 2nd King landed on the Turn I checked again, My Friend watching this on my computer could not believe I was playing so slow but after more bets and calls I Told him "These two are both playing 10/Jack" and he said "how can you possibly know that" I just said "I don't, but willing to bet you on it" The 4th limper folded on the Turn and then I started to raise, just enough so that the shortest stack would be pot committed and would have to shove all-in the other player just called and I re-raised again this time enough to make him go all-in and he did.
The cards were turned over and sure enough they both had Jack/10.
Now you could argue that any 4 of a kind can be beaten with a Straight Flush of Royal Flush, but with 4 different suits on the table when the Turn card landed that was impossible so Yes! I had the "Nuts"!
Give them enough Rope and they Will Hang themselves!
admirable his tranquility in playing that way. I wouldn't be so cold to check on the flop. I would want to isolate at least one of the players already on the flop. Good game.🤌🏻👏🏻

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is necessary to play moderately aggressively and quite cunningly. I think it all depends on who your opponents are. It is necessary to watch the game of your opponents and then decide how to play.

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is necessary to play moderately aggressively and quite cunningly. I think it all depends on who your opponents are. It is necessary to watch the game of your opponents and then decide how to play.
we must always pay attention to this detail, first of all

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
My Friend watching this on my computer could not believe I was playing so slow but after more bets and calls I Told him "These two are both playing 10/Jack" and he said "how can you possibly know that" I just said "I don't, but willing to bet you on it" The cards were turned over and sure enough they both had Jack/10.
I excacly know what You mean :):)
Sometimes My Son watch my game, and when I am trying to guess what cards opponent got in hand - after showdown He just shout to his Mom: "Mommy, dad is cheating, because he knows his opponents' cards." It's so sweet, and I'm so happy then.

A lot of players, unfortunately for them, play with such anticipation. I don't think they know what a trap or check-rise??? Besides, they play by the book, without even trying their own style of play. Poker is about aggression and unpredictability.

Give them enough Rope and they Will Hang themselves! It will be my slogan of the day today :):)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the situation. If your hand is subceptible to being outdrawn, or if many future cards can kill the action, then you usually want to play it fast. But if you have the hand completely locked up, thats often a good time to let the opponent bluff or get a chance to catch up. If for instance you have JJ on a board like JJ3 rainbow, then you usually want to slowplay it by checking or just calling. But if you have 99 on a board like 983 with two spades, then you typically want to bet big or put in a raise.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This depends on the pre-flop action and the way your opponent behaves at the table. We usually check, call, to leave the door open for him to bluff.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
What's the most profitable way to play the nuts, aggressively or being tricky?
With nuts it's a bit tricky, because if you 3 or 4-bet to eliminate a few possible opponents with decent hands, there will still eventually be monster hands that you seem to be at a disadvantage with preflop. I think you have to be cautious and if you're lucky take full advantage, the strong hand is hard to fold. I would only play it at minimal cost.
I think it's not about AA and other fabulous hands that colleagues keep telling about 😏

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I will try to make the other players think I don't have the nuts...

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Depends on situation sometimes you should hide your nuts to let the opponents to try to bluff you or to let them to think you just have nothing.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing the nuts is a bit tricky, if you play against aggressive players, i would let them do all the betting until you can shove, if you are playing tight players, the way to go is to hold back the betting , hopefully they will catch something and bet with you

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, or by Happiness, in any kind of Poker no only one decision in every hand... Therefore, I think, Poker continue to attracive the many people...
Every time the All are individually, because at once depends from the many different factors!..