Playing JJ

ZZFLOP

ZZFLOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise 3BB with JJ, when I'm first in, add 3BB when you have a limper( except when the limper is trappy and you think he might do this with KK or AA)

After a raise from a loose player, 3-bet, from a tight player just call. And remember that JJ is just a pair, a pair is only second in hand rankings, but I agree it's hard not to overplay especially when you've been carddead for a while.

It still happens to me sometimes when you think 'damned now that I have a hand the pot is mine'; which may cost you a lot of chips.

"Don't go broke on a pair" as the pro's say summs it up nicely IMO.

ZZFLOP

ZZFLOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would raise 3BB with JJ, when I'm first in, add 3BB when you have a limper( except when the limper is trappy and you think he might do this with KK or AA)

After a raise from a loose player, 3-bet, from a tight player just call. And remember that JJ is just a pair, a pair is only second in hand rankings, but I agree it's hard not to overplay especially when you've been carddead for a while.

It still happens to me sometimes when you think 'damned now that I have a hand the pot is mine'; which may cost you a lot of chips.

"Don't go broke on a pair" as the pro's say summs it up nicely IMO.

EDIT: I meant to write add 1BB per limper not 3

D

deumsac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all you have to raise JJ!!!
4 -6 BB. If you are called then you know that you are up against a good hand.
If there is overcard on the flop you have to try to find out what your opponent is holding... Push and/or fold....
If you play a freeroll you lose many times against hands like Kx.
But that´s because it is a freeroll and people do not really know how to play....:deal:

If you get called after raising 4-6 BB by several people, do you just give up the hand in the situation mentioned above if someone bets after the flop? People who call could have KK, AA, or QQ. How about for one person? If I get re-raised after an initial raise after the flop, I will probably have to fold and lose many BB's total....

Pushing seems dangerous after the flop if someone has KK or QQ and the flop comes 10 7 3 like it's mentioned, and that situation is complex to me.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always lose with jj lost with it today against j10 made me feel sick to be onest lol i play jj agressive raise pre flop say 3/4 times the blind but if some 1 pushes and its a big torney i think they must have iver ak aa aq kk and every time i call with it that the case gotta say jj is horrible cards to be holding in my case anyways hehe :):)

XPOKERCHIC

XPOKERCHIC

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to play any two cards in poker. Your raises are usually not respected. I play tight/aggressive and position. When I raise of course I don't always have a great hand, maybe a position raise, but when I raise out of position, trust and believe I have a good hand. Some people don't believe you and keep calling your bets until they make a hand. I had AA, KK, QQ, AK suited all cracked by lesser hands on the river. One caller called me to the river with a pair of deuces and every card on the board hand him beat. The deuce comes on the river and he ships. I call to lose with JJ. What can you do? X

P

pokermatch

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont get confused now, JJ is a very good hand, but you have to play it agressively. The more people in the pot, the more likely one of them has one of the over cards that hit... So thats the first reason you should raise hard preflop. Now, after you do this, if big cards come up, take it easy and dont be scared to fold your hand... if only 1 big card comes up then you still have a chance at the pot dont worry. However if no big cards come up, your in the zone! You could trick people into thinking that you were bluffing and cause them to reraise or call your big raise to that low flop... But be careful about your raise... dont let it be to small since the people calling have high cards and they probably even have 6 outs on you! be careful and raise hard, dont be scared.

Bernard Pugi

Bernard Pugi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes play with JJ and sometimes not. Well, of course it depends again in the situation. I call for JJ, and wait for the Flop. If the 3 cards in the Flop are lower than JJ ( 2-7-10 ), of course 'm going to call. But if not,( K-7-Q ) I'm going to start again reading bluffs. Notice them if they got the pair or not.

If someone do ALL IN before the Flop, it's now depends in the situation on what your position is. If many of them calls for the ALL In, better Fold because there is a possibility that one of them got an As, Ks and Q,. And if everyone Folds with that All IN, I'm going to call BUT IT DEPENDS AGAIN. It is better also to notice them how they play from the beginning wether they are tight aggressive or not.