DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ,
I play 2 AA with 3BB or 4BB , but when someone will make 3BB or 4BB prefop I prefer to go all in with aces or 5BB 6BB I didn't like to slow play with them. I think slow play with aces is a big mistake , anyway depends on wich situation you are.

NateVest

NateVest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing aces is going to be different depending on the situation just like any other hand. Variables will be stack sizes, blinds, etc. They are the best starting hand in holdem pre-flop so I don't like to slow play them. I have seen it blow up in players faces before.

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big mistake people make in slow playing aces is that it only works in very select situations where you'll still be heads up for a flop and you're against an aggressor that is going to build pot for you and you have position.

fuxzao

fuxzao

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
small raise pre flop / raise / check-call / check raise

B

bizbakol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your position is before the big blind, you have to go all-in. If your position after the big blind you have to raise big regarding how many opponents play with how many chips.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usaually play biger raise Idon't like to many players ina hand......but enough to someone call

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys you can't bet different amounts for different hands - it's a massive leak

Play them aggressively, never limp, never check and the later you get in the money the more credible your bet is and greater likelihood that only 2 pair or better would call - ie a hand that cracks aces.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate getting AA in EP... well... not really LOL... but it's so tough to make the correct bet... 3xBB is quite a standard raise but if you've not played a hand in a while you may be just collecting blinds... Limping AA is something you should only do if you think the table will fold to you otherwise...

The bottom line is you want somebody to pay you off but you don't want 4 or 5 lined up after the flop... that's how aces get cracked !

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like everything else it depends on the situation at the table. But generally I open with a standard raise. (again, standard depends on the table and what the normal open has been) Just don't get married to the hand because they are aces. Try to put your opponent on a hand so you don't lose your stack and your mind.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bets should be always the same, if you bet 2,5-3bb with aces too, you opponents can not know waht you have, good player is watching you and doesn;t pay you. Early or late position.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bets should be always the same, if you bet 2,5-3bb with aces too, you opponents can not know waht you have, good player is watching you and doesn;t pay you. Early or late position.
So, if you have 9BB, you should just raise 3BBs with AA?

If you're in BB with 20BBs and everyone limped in before you (9-handed), you only raise 3BBs with AA?

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 bet and then all in depending of the flop , I don't trust AA I always lose with that hand I prefer KK or QQ to go all in pre-flop but with AA just 3 bet and see the flop that's all

T

thalesvin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I know where I stand like limp + check raise in broken villains, if I do not have much information rather go to 4bet or 2x pot when you have many clean, generally I prefer to risk to win more and avoid bads against weak hands by not having given enough bet to fold in order not to be the villain

dobatibata

dobatibata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always slow play AA, i know it is not smart thing to do, but i like it and its my kind of playing

K

Kirill Klimin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on a lot of things.

R

rickroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, if you have 9BB, you should just raise 3BBs with AA?

If you're in BB with 20BBs and everyone limped in before you (9-handed), you only raise 3BBs with AA?

Tournament or ring game?

9BB
Tournament: Shove in any position
Ring: Standard raise if nobody else has entered pot and shove any flop, shove if someone else has already entered pot

20BB
Tournament: Standard raise in early position and shove any flop, shove in late or if someone already entered before you
Ring: Same as with 9BB

Thing is if you are willing to open shove AA with 20bb then you gotta be willing to open shove with a much larger range otherwise you'll never get called. Then if you open shove with a larger range well then you'll be risking 20bb to pick up 1.5 each time and chances are you'll run into a better hand more than one in 8 which is about you'd need to make it worthwhile assuming you weren't 100% dominated in the event they called. This is why you don't open shove AA in a ring game because it's pretty obvious and the risk/reward if you don't have AA is pretty bad so in order for it to work you'd need to balance and that is a leak.

It's ok in a tournament because everyone is against the clock to chip up so you'll often find callers assuming you are making a desperation play or people making one themselves and there is always the chance they got dealt a cooler.

B

Biznardian

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on a lot of things like game, position, activity etc. But usually I raise or reraise. But I do not hang on to one pair all the way if there could be any straight or flush draws with high bets or raises

Romario2223

Romario2223

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise raise raise only raise and isolated limpers