Play the nuts passively??

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would only play the nuts passively if you have a reasonable expectation that one of your opponents is going to bet. Playing the nuts passively before the flop, as in slow playing pocket aces, is okay, as long as you're prepared fold this hand should said strategy not work.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
sometimes they are risks that you have to take but not always, it is good to be very pasibo because you give him the opportunity to form a good hands and so leave your hand premium as a devil hand so sometimes it is better to be a bit addictive but always taking in realize that you don't always win that sometimes with big hands we have to lose

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If it's any consolation, I would have played (like the majority) the hand the same way. The villain took the most risk, not you.

It's inevitable these beats happen, but in this case it should not discourage you from playing the same way again.

Bear the other perspective in mind. If the hand had succeeded, you would not have given it much thought, just maybe reflected that it was nice to flop the nutz for once! It would have felt like the natural easy play, that is all - certainly not something to go back and re-analyze.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should you always go all in if you know you have the best hand and you know op is pot committed. I know this sounds like a stupid question but I think I'm suffering from fear of being out drawn,

Here's a situation that happened recently

Hero K◇10◇
Villian raises my continuation bet on the turn after I've turned the nut straight.

Board: 9♡J♧2◇Q♤

I elect to go all in, villian snap calls and turns over Jack's and then rivers a queen giving him a boat.

I know these things happen but I put villians range on two pair and sets only as hes very straight forward.

Should have I elected to call the turn so I could potentially get away on the river with bad river cards??

Thanks
is basically more then one question here look your gonna take beats.... you check here as i would have villian with set is shoving you got nutts its auto call.. honestly this is set up hand and you were getting beat plain and simple.... mostly i play with mtts higher strategy players so ill check the flop villian doesnt have set and he doesnt bet im betting the turn probably 3/4th bet or pot bet depending on the villian etc...if is micro players or tourneys im shoving more in this spot but im still trying to trick so often will try to check raise if can

A

azu_raged

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it's pretty insane how lucky some people can be. ive such a difficult time going all in on nothing. Let alone some pro players do this and just rid on the little luck of a card flip. Pretty insane to me.

OP basically did what I would've. Sometimes I bet small to get a feel for what some people are doing, and/or try in that situation. Other times if im feeling lucky i do exactly what you did, all in, specially if the pots big for a chance to avoid flop

(im jus a newb obviously)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your hand had a significant percentage to win. Therefore, you did the right thing. Winning poker is based on choosing hands and positions that are more likely to win. That is, you can’t guarantee a 100% victory, even if you flopped, you have the best combination.

M

mengarda

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that to analyze this hand it is necessary to take into account the number of chips. If you didn't have many chips all in is the correct one. Anyway I would bet on that hand.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It's not black or white , there are many factors to consider.

-sometimes you will need to protect your hand , some other times you should keep the worst combinations in and let them try to bluff you.
-some other times you need to tailor your play on the particular opponent and his tendencies if you can exploit them etc.
-some other times just fast play your strong hands and you will get paid because they random clicking.

The thing is that you should adapt and OK the hand above was a cooler. :thumpdown

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The 'Nuts' is the best possible hand. You had the best possible hand at the time.

I see, if you saw the board pair- you could have folded on the river. Maybe. I think all in is the best play. Your opponent with 2 pair could fold on the turn.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the opponent and your table image a lot.
The standard play should definitively be an aggressivve one,
but sometimes you will not get any chips from your opponent
when you bet too much. If you think he will fold to an all-in you
better take the small risk of losing the hand on the river in exchange
for extra chips on the turn and river in the many cases you win this hand

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can't see how you could get away from such a bad beat , these unlucky situations happen . If he's pot commited then why not , shove , but personally I would wait for the river to shove and get a call , ofcourse a fold wouldn't be in my options with such a strong hand (being afraid of FH :) )

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my Play

If I know for SUREI have the best hand showing from the flop I will passively play the hand and let others do the betting for me as going all in would probably chase other players out.

For example yesterday I was playing at a Holdem $ table and flop was 888. I had the 4th 8 and checked. Another player bet 1/2 the pot and I and 2 others called. 4th street was a 4 and I checked. Again this guy bets 1/2 the pot I call as did 1 other player and 1 player folded. At the river it was a Q and I bet 1/2 the pot. The guy that was doing all the betting goes all in I call and the 3rd player folds. Needless to say got much more out of the hand by playing passively then by going all in.

Again knowing for sure you have the best hand is key for me at least on playing passively in order to win the most I can from a "nuts" hand :dancing2:

:icon_sant

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should you always go all in if you know you have the best hand and you know op is pot committed. I know this sounds like a stupid question but I think I'm suffering from fear of being out drawn,

Here's a situation that happened recently

Hero K◇10◇
Villian raises my continuation bet on the turn after I've turned the nut straight.

Board: 9♡J♧2◇Q♤

I elect to go all in, villian snap calls and turns over Jack's and then rivers a queen giving him a boat.

I know these things happen but I put villians range on two pair and sets only as hes very straight forward.

Should have I elected to call the turn so I could potentially get away on the river with bad river cards??

Thanks

As experience shows - better play nuts agressively al least if all fold you will not loose your stack ... =)