KQ is not good in early Position ...this is my Oppinion

J

japg11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are many charts available for mtts on the internet. Take a look at some, and use the one that best suits your game. KQ is opening in early positions with an effective stack greater than 25bb.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KQ in early position is not such a strong hand for me. I usually open with 2BB just to try to lull better hands into trying to trap me, hoping I get to see a cheap flop.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I limp in early position and fold to action preflop or to any huge reraise preflop I think there equity in this hand to see the flop What I don’t like to play is KJ and AJ as those could be dominated easier

R

rustofor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As for me.
If it's KQs i open it in 90% from the early positions. But if I have big 3-bet on my bet, i'll fold.
KQo, fold. Because it's very easy to be dominated.

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most times I will fold. Way out of position, especially at a full table.:captain:

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I play DK all in too often,that s why prefer to fold in early position.

S

Stormforge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is usually a hand I want to see a flop with. Only when I'm deep though.

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading many comments they are all saying that QK suited or off is not a strong hand or it's just a trash hand I don't know also where did you get this info QK is still a good hand to open 3x or 2.5x and if no 3bets and not many tight players are in the pot you c bet your hand because if flops really good and can easilly get connected to the flop especially when it's suited. Just avoid calling 3bets or open shove with your QK and you are ahead with it most of the time.

Q

quick81

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like I mentioned on other replay it's not strong hand what to play in early position and better is fold it because in long run you gonna loose more than win because you are betten with lot of hands like AK AQ AX and any pair in preflop in case you not hit a flop you are betten.
Better is fold it in early position :)

I agree unless your table is very tight or near the bubble should be able to pick a few blinds.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KQ in early position in my opinion is a danger hand only because any ace or pocket pair or connectors could see a flop and the KQ does not seem a strong hand anymore.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KQ

Personally I think that some people here do not trust KQ enough. Yeah I have lost some times with KQ giving it overcredit and calling all in something that I would consider twice before doing again but being out of position you still have a very strong hand and if its suited even better. I would call a lot of bets with it but would give it a second thought before calling an all in

D

Dsqtq

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to fold it in early position. You can bet 2.5x but you need to fold if it will be 3bet

E

eutot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If suited and you are deep stacked you can try to play but be careful with that. In early position is better to fold at 3-bet, and after flop dont get glued to top pair, not even 2 pairs. Bet from better spots like a quad, set, full, flush or straight.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I limp in early position and fold to action preflop or to any huge reraise preflop I think there equity in this hand to see the flop What I don’t like to play is KJ and AJ as those could be dominated easier

Limping is a good strategy to see what the flop is.

W

Wait4ItKid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep a steady raising range and a small percent of the time I will raise with KQ. Learn to be more balanced at the table this will make raising KQ less exploitable.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a strong hand but even if you hit both a king and queen you can still lose. Don't bet too much on the hand. You would be fine.

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play it safe in early position, no need to overestimate your hand. Sure you might lose to some weaker pairs but then you can just fold it with confidence.

N

nicolndimes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing wrong with opening KQs in early position, but likely would like to fold to a 3-bet (unless you know the player 3 bets light).
Limping with it doesn’t give the incentive for anyone else to fold, and often they will give you credit for AK, AQ, AA,KK etc.
I wouldn’t do it all of the time, but mixing it into your game won’t hurt.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly depends on your size stack and table image and if it's near ITM, in this case you should consider doing a raise trying to steal blinds and antes, if someones re-raise it's an easy fold.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it's a good hand depard.quand I know that even with a 3bet too much player will still follow me so I do not hesitate to put a lot of chips preflop 7bet to reduce the risk.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the game format in 6 max cash games its an easy utg and mp open.