BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Some of us know that AK is not as good a hand as it seems. But what do you think? when they are playing they go all in with that hand? or what do you prefer?

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely, everything will depend on the situation, the opponents and the number of chips. Sometimes equalize, sometimes 3-bet, sometimes it's better to throw off this hand altogether, and with a small number of chips all-in.

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hands like AK or AA will always be harder to fold than others. I usually trying to play with normal raise, but it's depend on the position, hands in, chips stock, aggressiveness of other players. There is no one simply answer

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
AK is one of the best starting hands. However, this hand on the flop - turn - river without a hit is still just an A-high hand.
Depending on the situation in the tournament, you should definitely be prepared to fold your hand so as not to jeopardize your tournament life. It also depends on which read you have on your opponents, how straight forward this hand is to be played.

F

fil9514

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
KZ
Chips
The hand is good, I often play all-in with this card, but still don't forget about the rest of the connecting points when to take a risk and when not to

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a good hand, of course!.. But worse any pair by my opinion...

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some of us know that AK is not as good a hand as it seems. But what do you think? when they are playing they go all in with that hand? or what do you prefer?
I actually prefer the KA & my experience with it is that it is a great hand and is just as good as AK & also IS as good as it 'IS' (< not 'seems').

Sometimes when they go all-in with this hand, they are making the correct play. I prefer for them to NOT make the correct play & much prefer when they play poorly (or make the wrong play or bad play)

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
First of all you obviously cannot say "How do you play AK?"There are tons of different situations in which you have to adjust to the action in that specific hand.And the Problem lots of players,especially beginners,have playing AK is they overplay it .But in the end its the best unpaired hand, a very good starting hand

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
my advice for beginners with AK in8mostly in tourneys)is to just go all in after somebody opened before you.The greater issues you get with AK appear postflop.So,get it in pre -you re often ahead or flipping

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is an excellent card to go all in when you sort stack!

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It all depends on the situation. But if you say that this is not as strong a hand as it seems, then most likely you just lack experience. For a skilled player, this is just a great hand.

N

Naked Flush

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
AK is an excellent card to go all in when you sort stack!
Yes it is!

It is also a great hand in cash games, which I play most of the time. In cash games with 100bb, if you get 3bet after you open AK (a proper 3bet, not a small 3bet), and you're uncomfortable playing AK postflop if you call or 4bet small and get called, you can just 4bet shove. It's fine. The EV is the same either way. Don't do this if you're deep stacked. But if you want to make your life with AK easier after a 3bet, just 4bet shove!

yetbam

yetbam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
For me it's a good hand, but lately I've gotten a lot of bab beats for going all in, the truth is that if I'm playing a freeroll I always consider going all-in, however, if I'm playing a real money tournament I'm more measured and I prefer to raise blinds only and control the pot depending on the flop.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
this hand is certainly strong, but if the opponent is too tight and goes all-in I sometimes think to lose this hand, but it happens very rarely somewhere out of 100% to 1% I will lose this hand if I know exactly the opponent who will be against me with AA well, suitable AK is generally difficult to throw away: I CAN'T:

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always bet or tribet when I have AK. The only situation that makes me uncomfortable is when after my tribet I get two or three all-ins from opponents with a stack like mine or bigger. In this case I think it over and look at the table situation, and if it's a Tiet table, I fold the hand. But this is rare.

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
it depends, freeroll i go all in, cash game i play slow and look what happens on the flop.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i would never go all in with AK before the flop, but i would guess sometimes you are low stacked and want to double up, it might work.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when there are few people left before the prizes and I see that I hit for sure, then I would prefer to leave AK. And of course I only play with this hand carefully.

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. What kind of game I'm playing, if I'm in a tournament depends of the stage of the tournament, another factor is the size of my stack.
There are a lot of variables and can't give a simple answer.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Depends on possitions, opens, and player type.... but yes , eventualy AK is very strong hand, but some flop are just bad for that hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands