Platforms to learn to play poker

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does not matter all that much, where you start to play. On all poker sites there are good players, if you play for $1.000 and not so good players, if you play for $1. So the most important is to begin with cheap games (AKA micros) or even freerolls / playmoney, until you get some experience. Unless of course you dont mind losing some money. After all most people also spend money going out for dinner etc. So its not like, losing an affordable amount in poker is the end of the world, as long as you are having fun doing so.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't think you'll ever find a site that only has players of one skill level. What you need to focus on, is playing the stakes that meet your bankroll management rules. Tehn you need to check out all the games available at that stakes level and determine the game where you have or want to develop an edge.

Micros and freerolls should fit the bill well.

pokerstars has lots of new players.
If you want to play for free, you can look at other sites.
Cards Chat uses Replay Poker for its league games. You can find loads of new players on Replay site... Note: this is a play money site.

I started playing poker more seriously during the pandemic -- like lots of CC members out there -- poker stars on its own has been sufficient for me to findgames I can beat. (as long as I maintain my head...and avopid being acall station.

If you want to get good at poker though, the key is working harder than the next player. That means, taking the Poker in 30 days CC coursse. It means accumulating a decent player notes data base... it means reviewing your hands after a session. It means critically analysing your game in order to plug leaks and identify where you could be getting better value. It means understanding how your opening range shoudl be changing depending on your seating position.It means learning how to fold better. It means being able to mix it up... be unpredictable... sneaky, aggressive and punishing.

Best of luck. See you on the felt!

Cheers,
JT

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I recommend play money tables at PokerStars until get used to the environment of the room, the bets, position, binds etc. Be in mind that the average level of players is very low, lower than the minimum found at the micro blinds, this would be your next step. Some times you seat at a reasonable table where the players apply their skills, but never steady as the opponents change very frequently at lower level games.
Increase the stakes gradually.
Best of luck:)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
our forum is right for you for sure you can study poker here and take a 30-day course and learn poker, after which you will gain new knowledge and be able to practice it already in the game. If there are poker schools where you will study and practice, you can join poker school

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to know some platforms where I can learn to play poker, with people of a similar skill level to mine.
Hello, m.sardagna! You can to watch the Poker videos on Youtube or Twitch, for example... On these platforms have the many variants video by Poker
for the different levels of players... I can wish You only Good Luck in choice of these videos!

M

m.sardagna

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Thank you all for the tips and advice, I'm playing a lot on pokerstars and redstars, on pokerstars I lose a lot of hands to players who are playing bingo, which frustrates me a little