Phil Ivey Masterclass

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IDK no free trial even for a day. And unable to download videos unless you have an iOS device.

I'm sure the content is great but there are other places I'd put my money for training that are not device specific.

Masterclass has a 30-Day money back guarantee. I believe it's no questions asked (but don't quote me on that)

Pretty sweet, you can binge watch a lot of courses in 30 minutes. And Ivey + Negreanu knowledge... priceless imo.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched the lesson from Daniel Negreanu, it's not bad, but being advertised as a Masterclass I would expect better quality content. In the end it's mostly things we all know, don't think it's worth the money if you already know the basic poker concepts.

The Phil Ivey Masterclass is a major upgrade from the Daniel Negreanu Masterclass. Masterclass said they weren't completely happy with how the first one turned out and that they wanted to do better the second time around.

They also wanted to ensure that there was no overlap between the two courses, so while Daniel's course focused much more on poker for beginners, Phil takes it to the streets focusing more on intermediate and advanced play.

I've been playing poker for over 15 years and I still gained insights from this class. And playing live cash it doesn't take many insights for it to be worth the money.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know they really stepped up the production value with the poker graphics and the workbook. 18 months ago Masterclass didn't know how to spell poker, and now with a couple of classes under their belt and some good industry people helping them out they're really making some super high quality stuff.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone check it out yet?

I bought it right away and binge watched the entire program. Absolutely loved it, but I may be a little biased given I've been a Phil Ivey fan since 2003.

I did a full review on youtube:

Where I share my thoughts and also give a little preview of what's inside (I wish I could've shown more, but I probably would've got sued by masterclass if I did hahaha)

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
his strategy and thought process even may be teachable, to the extent that you can learn and reproduce those essential pieces to his game, but his demeanor is why he's such a game breaker.
Phil Ivey is second to none at controlling his presence and displaying the aura he chooses to display, he is the GOAT, no question.

100% on this. And he talks a little bit in the class about how you can build that kind of demeanor. In my opinion in comes with patience and practice, this is what build's confidence, and one of the most intimidating things is that you can tell Phil is focused and paying attention to everything.

I kind of learned that once you realize the value of paying attention, it becomes more automatic. And while it may make others uncomfortable, it also makes you more profitable!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm definitely excited about this course and I look forward to taking it when I have the free time! Ivey is an absolute legend of the game. I hope to learn a few tricks and strategies that I can employ into my own game! :D:D

You'll be happy you did YungWan! See you in the forums there maybe? And Here :D

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Proximity does not equal proficiency. A great teacher does not make a great student. You get what you put in. Pick your choice of adage, all mean the same. If you work hard, take the hits, analyze and learn from your mistakes you will get better. If you just want the math, its out there for free.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I bought it right away and binge watched the entire program. Absolutely loved it, but I may be a little biased given I've been a Phil Ivey fan since 2003.

I did a full review on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAGlxPbg0z8

Where I share my thoughts and also give a little preview of what's inside (I wish I could've shown more, but I probably would've got sued by masterclass if I did hahaha)
Hi Evan, thanks for sharing your insights! Good stuff!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The course is definitely more suited to people playing 1/2NL live and higher.

I wouldn't say that a ton of the info in the course translates to online play.

Is it useful for tournament players? I am getting an all access pass for my birthday and need to know if I need to tell my husband to give it to me early before I go to Vegas in a few weeks. My birthday is not until my last day there. :p

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it useful for tournament players? I am getting an all access pass for my birthday and need to know if I need to tell my husband to give it to me early before I go to Vegas in a few weeks. My birthday is not until my last day there. :p

It's definitely much more geared towards cash game players than tournament players. Most of the strategies are more applicable for 50 BB+ poker. That being said, a lot of the tells, mental and meta-game stuff will transfer over fully to tournaments.

It's never gonna hurt to get the additional prep, I'd say ask for that early gift ;)

Sorry for the late reply, I'm only allowed 10 posts/day rn and had to wait!

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched the Negreanu course The Master Class. Is there anything that phil Ivey discuss the importance of not sitting there all Loosey Goosey while eating a sandwich? does Ivey mention on his course anything related to that?.. if you have watch please advise, maybe i decide to watch it.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched the Negreanu course The Master Class. Is there anything that phil Ivey discuss the importance of not sitting there all Loosey Goosey while eating a sandwich? does Ivey mention on his course anything related to that?.. if you have watch please advise, maybe i decide to watch it.

No there is not talk about food in this Masterclass. I think that's what was the main focus in the 5+ hours of footage they opted not to use for the final product. Sad news for us :(

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I saw Evans review. I am subscribed to his channel and get notifications of any new videos. I wasnt sure was him first post because said Rising Star under his name. Hes way beyond a rising star.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I saw Evans review. I am subscribed to his channel and get notifications of any new videos. I wasnt sure was him first post because said Rising Star under his name. Hes way beyond a rising star.

'Rising Star' is a member status. :)

As found in the Rules and FAQ's

What Are the Default User Titles and When Do They Change?
1. Rising Star - 0 posts
2. Enthusiast - 25 posts
3. Rock Star - 100 posts
4. Visionary - 500 posts
5. Legend - 1000 posts

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely much more geared towards cash game players than tournament players. Most of the strategies are more applicable for 50 BB+ poker. That being said, a lot of the tells, mental and meta-game stuff will transfer over fully to tournaments.

It's never gonna hurt to get the additional prep, I'd say ask for that early gift ;)

Sorry for the late reply, I'm only allowed 10 posts/day rn and had to wait!

I got it yesterday. :)

I figured I could also take the DN course - plus there are other cool non-poker courses like Space Exploration.

I have fixed your account to you can post more than 10 times a day. Would you like to get a Poker Expert badge?

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No there is not talk about food in this Masterclass. I think that's what was the main focus in the 5+ hours of footage they opted not to use for the final product. Sad news for us :(

thanks for letting me know mate, I will check it out.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got it yesterday. :)

I figured I could also take the DN course - plus there are other cool non-poker courses like Space Exploration.

I have fixed your account to you can post more than 10 times a day. Would you like to get a Poker Expert badge?

wow, thank you Debi, that would be an honor!

I'm really enjoying this community so far (much more positive than other forums out there) and I was planning on posting more anyway, and this badge will be a welcome addition to those posts.

Who knows, maybe if I'm really lucky, and you really enjoy having me as part of your community I might get to rock that cardschat ambassador badge one day in the future.

One step at a time, and the next step, is to continue doing what I love most, serving the poker community in any way I can! Let's Get Stackin!!!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wow, thank you Debi, that would be an honor!

I'm really enjoying this community so far (much more positive than other forums out there) and I was planning on posting more anyway, and this badge will be a welcome addition to those posts.

Who knows, maybe if I'm really lucky, and you really enjoy having me as part of your community I might get to rock that cardschat ambassador badge one day in the future.

One step at a time, and the next step, is to continue doing what I love most, serving the poker community in any way I can! Let's Get Stackin!!!

Awesome - we are happy to have you here. :)

POKERRANSOM

POKERRANSOM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its great for phil ivey the man is getting paid. I do wonder who the class would consist of whay type of poker player pays for lessons