MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Dear colleagues, how important is patience to win tournaments? Where is patience in the qualities necessary for victory? I'm new to poker and at the moment I'm faced with the following problem: after about an hour of playing, my excitement ends, I start making conscious mistakes and when I lose I don't regret it at all, and maybe even glad that it's over ...)), but on the next day I'm sorry. Perhaps this is affected by the time of the game, mostly tournaments take place on the borders of the evening / night in my time zone. Perhaps someone faced such a problem and already defeated it ...!?
Patience is very important to the game. We have a saying, "Patience and hard work will get you through anything".

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
one of the most important things

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Patience is the key in winning big tournaments. (On Line). And I remember coming in first on 9 thousand people.
That was over 15 years ago. I had patience then. But I find myself losing my patience more often now.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Patience is a key skill for poker, remember youre facing other 5-8 players and you cant expect to Win continiuosly. Maybe you will need to wait multiple turns before you get a playable hand, just to fold it because of some all in entusiastic , and you will want to call it, but that could be a bad mistake. If you dont develop your patience you will end UP loosing money. I recomend you to play only hyper or turbo mtt, since they ITM way faster, but consider you still need some patience in those kind of games.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would say patience is the THIRD most important aspect of poker..........
Right behind luck and LUCK!!!!!

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Patience is required for tournaments. If you do not want to learn to develop the skill, you may want to consider only playing cash. If you do want to develop patience, you will need to really work at it since it may not come naturally to you. Practice staying engaged in the hands even when you fold (guess the hand ranges and try to look for betting tells). You might also want to stand up and stretch often. Also, have a few key concepts that you will focus on during the game such as only playing in position.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone here understands this, but no one here can handle it.:)

O

OstroLB

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me, patience is fundamental in poker and that's not my case, I'm very nervous when I lose a hand in the other, I want to go all-in just out of anger, but now I'm more patient

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Waiting for the right hand is one of the most crucial traits of patience in poker. This entails resisting the urge to play weak hands and instead
holding out for a powerful hand with a high likelihood of winning. It can be challenging to do this, especially in games with a lot of activity,
but it is necessary to keep up a winning approach. This does not imply that you should play super tight and passive and merely wait for the nuts.

Last edited:
Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If you encounter patience issues while playing, consider the following approaches:
- Gradually increase the length of your gaming sessions to gradually develop patience and concentration.
- Make a game plan or schedule to be ready for long tournaments and adapt to your time zone.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, patience is important in poker; if you hurry, you can play poorly.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I never play more than 50 minutes then I take a break.Reason:I get tired and loose focus after a break for 10 minutes in a total quiet room my focus is back, maybe works for you to.

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
u need patient to call and patient to wait them calls

Trismegisto

Trismegisto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Patience will be the difference if you are 1nd or 2nd, and that makes all the difference. Patience, study and concistency are the keys to improve

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
without patience it is very difficult to win a tournament, sometimes with patience you can throw away the ace and the king, but when you are impatient and want to sleep, you can lose