Patience

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something that is happening to me almost every MTT game I play is that I manage to get in a very nice and comfortable position, like top ten in a 500 players tournament, but then I just lose some hands by defending some raises when I'am on small or big blind position, generally bad beats, and I start to lose it, I mean, start to tilt after a while.

Some guys says that it's better sometimes to take a break and even leave the game for a while if the blinds are low and your stack won't be bleeding that much by losing them, but I just can't do it, basically because there will be times that I'll have monster hands and it would be really kind of dumb to let a hand like AA just go away because you are sitting out.

Anyway, I'm really depressed because it happens all the time. I was in such a good place at one of those weekly chromestars freeroll on Pokerstars and lost it all by calling an all-in with AA vs. 88. If i hadn't played that hand I would win a considerable amount of money, it always hit me like a rock when that happens.

one lesson is stop protecting blinds with crap cards. I get people tell you to protect blinds but I guarantee I win often and do not care whatsoever on my blinds its a non issue with me. is no advice on bad beats except this

along with patience is perseverance ability to forget all the negatives get back on the horse and ride again.

I sincerely dont care on my blinds I care on position a ton. I care on quality starters. If lose every blind in an event I still wouldnt care

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience is in me what the weather in the planet .... I can not control ...
only the weather girl can..
AA umbrella in case it rains .. :)

C

chelarescualinmihai

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's all about loose or tight playing, you decide it, according to your own strategy, temper and stage of play.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer tight.. but sometimes i get thigher and looser as the time goes on

edc1

edc1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree patience is big part of poker-i liken it to bow hunting for deer-sitting up in a tree for 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening-with the wind blowing,waiting for that buck to walk by,now thats patience-i think all the hunting i did growing up realy helped me with patience in my life,poker being one of those-you dont get dealt the nuts every hand so you have to be able to wait it out when the cards are dead or just not hitting-patience is a big part of poker

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You gotta have patience to be a good poker player. A nice ABC Tight Aggressive style of play is going to make you money.

If you don't have patience at the table, you will be just another degen at the table that loves to GAMBOOL. Discipline * Patience = $$$

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patiente is very importnat in poker if you dont have also control you should not play.....

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience? Whats this? :D

L5pQxCNomks.jpg

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
surprise! poker, just like most other strategy games, requires a bit of patience. If i know i can't be patient, i just won't play that day.

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An advice I give . It is to have patience in their hands. because many times make desperate choices . We lose hands so much patience and intelligence. to achieve the highest on the podium. Thanks greetings :)

Exactly, no patience is impossible to play poker. You need to play for hours to win a tournament.

Y

yurok42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience!
Patience is the key to success in tournament poker !!

grzech

grzech

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An advice I give . It is to have patience in their hands. because many times make desperate choices . We lose hands so much patience and intelligence. to achieve the highest on the podium. Thanks greetings :)

i dont have often patience's
:mad: :D :D :D

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is virtue... thats what my old boss used to say.
And in this game, if you dont have it you cant win.

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yah yah yah what he said playing for 4 hrs either online or live and doing that one bad bet tat will keep u out of the money gets old fast

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker has taught me Patience and it is definitely needed but I still believe being lucky is still a great asset

P

Pokagambler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't say its about patience.i would say its about picking the right spot.Now if my opponents are weak I don't need patience.If they are good I either need patience or a new table.But still even if you are patient it doesn't mean you'll get paid.you may wait for 3 hours for your boat and then no one has nothing to pay you off.patience will help you not to lose to much money but it will not for sure help you to win more.In other words if you don't have patience in poker you will surely loose but if you have it it doesn't guaranty anything.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still trying to have patience with bankroll management.

You just have to find discipline and play within your set guidelines.