Only AA KK QQ

fredastar777

fredastar777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does anyone try to play only Aa Kk Qq? and only all in. if yes, how its ends?

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just do not think you can just play these hands in tounament play and win. Maybe in cash games you can have select hands you only play and be sucessful, I would not just all in these hands and expect to win in the long run either.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It ends with everyone folding any time you open a hand and you win nothing!

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I first started, yes. When you learn the game and the game evolves, you have to change your styles. Every day is a different challenge.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Maybe when facing a raise and a reraise

But when just facing one raise you can play more hands than this (try 77+, AJs, AQo)

And when nobody has opened the pot you can certainly play much much more.

In a crazy crazy game which is deeptack you can play your strategy but you can make more money by loosening up a liiiiiittle bit in the right spots :rock:

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only playing those hands is a terrible idea, unless you're the luckiest man on the world, getting dealt top 3 pockets pairs is unlikely....

Going all in immediately after getting these hands is also a horrible idea, you might not get action if people around you perceive you never make plays and then suddenly you go all in.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How it ends is you lose all your money to the blinds and then more when your QQ runs into AA/KK, your KK into AA, and your AA into all sorts of fun draws.

P

Pepsi Man

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just do not think you can just play these hands in tounament play and win. Maybe in cash games you can have select hands you only play and be successful, I would not just all in these hands and expect to win in the long run either.

I agree that this isn't a valid strategy in tournaments. If you want to play tight you can play the top 10% of hands and if you play those hands in the proper position as they should be played then you should be fine.

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way to play an I truly feel like the only way to play AA KK is to push in the Deal now QQ not Sure

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried it with a few additions like J-J, AK, AQ suited. It can get a minimal cash in a freeroll that pays a lot of places on occasion, IF (big if) the cards hold true. Inevitably you get blinded out waiting for premiums one way or another. It's a good exercise in the practice of self-control and patience though.:D

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it wouldn't be worst strategy :D But you can find better one easily.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya you need to have a much wider open.... now as someone said to a raise reraise yes play

honestly if i get these three hands im hoping at least one player shoves before i act

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the depth of your stack. I prefer to play strong starting hands with small bets in order to get a big profit against a single player.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing with these hands only in allin is a big mistake. You can answer allin opponent and then if this is not a responsible tournament.

Vadim_King

Vadim_King

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to probability theory, such preflop cards are rare. :ah4::as4: preflop also lose, so you need to play based on the specific situation, opponents and bankroll. In any case, it makes no sense to play only these cards, and even more so, you should not play always these cards for all in. Good luck! ;)

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play just like that you run the rich man from falling without playing or just going ahead pre-flop and losing afterwards is a risk ...

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can say for sure, that I am ready to go all-in on the preflop from any position only with AA. With pocket hands QQ, KK everything will depend on the size of my stack, position and stage of the game.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think only new players play AA,KK,QQ. Even though I can't even imagine how it can be done, there are days when I'm playing without getting a single picture card so...

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker???

i have had my aces cracked so many times it hurts--better to learn a big variety of moves and you will enjoy that more.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are very big doubts that playing only with these starting combinations is possible to win the tournament. As a rule, some kind of chip leader will replay your card with any bunch.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once i was watching a friend of mine, who was a beginner at the time how he plays a high stake tournament, he was playing only AA, KK, and very carefully with QQ - he blind out.
Personally, never did that but in most cases when i go deep in the tournament in most scenarios i don't get dealt a strong hand like that and when i do, that's it, i'm out. I wander if anyone here can relate with it or it's just me?

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Playing this strategy, especially against players that are paying any sort of attention is guaranteed to lose you money. You can wait forever for these hand to turn up, meaning the blinds are just eating into your stack and then when you shove, your opponents are going to fold and you pick up just the blinds.

AA, KK, QQ represent just 1.4% of possible starting hand, or, if you prefer, you will get dealt one of these hands approximately once every 71 hands. Say you're sat at a 9 seat table. You will get dealt one of those hand once every 8 orbits. Which means you will have paid 12BB's. You wake up with QQ (hooray!). You shove. Everyone folds because you have played so tight for 8 orbits, they no you have a monster. You win 1.5BB. You're now down 10.5BB and you have to wait another 8 orbits to pick up another monster...or...worse - you manage to run your QQ into AA and at best you have 19% equity to win the hand.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible to play only those cards. Only waste time and money. Never should have a closed hand range.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not a good strategy to play only the maximum hands during a whole game. because even when you have the chance to find them. if you play too tight usually your opponents throw their preflop cards when you go to bet. but at the end of the game if you have a good stack. it is a good strategy to adopt.