Online Poker Vs Live Poker, which one is your favorite?

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is the thing. I can only tell you my personal preference. And I prefer online poker. For me its because its less time consuming, you can play much bigger volume, you have way more games variety available. If you are asking what is more profitable, I would say it depends on your location, limits you play and how comfortable you feel in live games.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone should understand that if knowledge of the game is very good. It should move to the next level of play. But we must do it then, if we believe in our own experience. If we know that this game will bring us a lot of money. then you can select a new type of the game

christiancjs

christiancjs

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online in the week, and live in the weekend.

T

TheLegend27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've found myself to be much more profitable in Live Poker. This is mostly because I can get a better sense of the type of person I am playing against.

Is this a drunk businessman after work? Is this a conservative older person? Is this person a shark who thinks they can bully people around? etc.

From there, I can adjust my play post flop accordingly and have a better sense of when to fold/call down thin.

(ie. Is this old grandma type really going to bluff at you when she value bets 1/2 pot on a Ace high board vs your Pocket Js?)

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, I would love to play live and catch fresh fish, but in my country there are a number of restrictions on the activities of gambling establishments and there are no legal poker tables in my city and around. And those that are - rather represent a criminal risk. Online has almost no options in my case.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like online poker more! it is possible to play in house convenient clothes, to swear openly on players at a table, calling them for eyes bad words)))))))
however in a live game there are a lot of pluses too, the first and the main thing is much easier to bluff in a live game!

well and, of course, when you play alive, nothing distracts from a game! what undoubtedly positively influences result))

If the picture on your avatar is actually yours, you could very well play live without any clothes at all, I guarantee the men would not mind that...

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always online. I like to play online. Live, only with friends :D

C

Chasej13

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can imagine I would prefer live poker but I am only 19 right now so I have to say online. I will definitely try live poker whenever I turn 21.

R

Roccoa3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely online poker. Live poker, unless played with friends, can get boring. You can start making mistakes due to boredom and start to get frisky with bad hands if you've been getting hit with a cold deck for a while. If you 4+ table online there's much less downtime and you can play more GTO / get a stronger theoretical foundation.

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like both and they give two different satisfying experiences, for me, live poker is far more exciting and intense, but online poker has way more variety, and there is hud that you can see your hands and etc... I find both intersting so I like playing both.

Nicholas Benedettini

Nicholas Benedettini

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live poker is my favorite because there are much less loose players that don't care i they lose. they are easier to read where as online you have alot of donkeys.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing for a very long time in online poker and I like it, a lot of tournaments to choose from, well, cash games are of course hold'em and Omaha can be played normally and have fun and win, good luck in poker participants

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live of course, I like to play cash game with friends, we play all night and do not get bored me never, that's a special pleasure. But when I play online sometimes me get bored after a few hours of playing. Live is live!! ;)

koisug

koisug

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I have no preference for how to use the organizers in the game, but it's certainly better to play the PC, because mobile versions of the game are much less convenient

J

jokerTHEace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live poker, I have a tricky smile on the tables that can leave my opponents guessing, you just do not find that in online poker. But I live in texas so if I want live poker it's the underground for me

Last edited:
D

Dmnd888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. Newbie. Playing for 6 months or so. Lots to learn.
Never played live, only online. I feel table play would be quite intimidating for newbies like me. I would imagine I would give loads away in tells/nerves. Would love to try it though.

iudinvictor

iudinvictor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only played poker with my friends. I've never played live tournaments, but I really want to try

Organize a Home Poker Game