The Official 50NL Learning Thread

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I realize I'm bumping an old thread, but its stickied, and I wanted to hear how my fellow 50NL players are doing. I've been on a huge downswing lately as I'm trying to incorporate using a HUD while I play, and I've found that I rely on the HUD too much. Instead of making obvious calls/folds that I feel are right, I check the stats on the HUD and go with those and they tend to get me in trouble. I'm having problems playing my game while incorporating those stats. Do you guys all play with a HUD at 50NL? What stats do you find useful to use on the HUD?

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wes are you sure you are using your HUD right? Or perhaps you are reading too much into stats when you have much too small a sample?

Chances are if you have anything less than 300 hands on a guy the HUD really shouldn't be relied upon.

At 6max my impression this month was that a lot of players simply nut peddle and nobody really handles 3bets well.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah Since this post I've changed up a few things in my game and its worked nicely. I haven't put in the volume at FT like I did last month, but I definately fixed some holes in my game. This weekend I'm going to try and play a couple thousand hands and then re-post on a previous thread of mine of how I am doing. Belgo and Feitr helped me fix a few leaks and it has definately helped.

Oh and the HUD thing....what I meant was like people who had an ATS of like 60 I would 3-bet them or something and then they would go all-in and I would be stuck as to what to do. I play FR.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the ATS and the Fold to 3bet are 2 different stats, both of which i have in my HUD. A lot of shortstackers will have the 50+ ATS and just shove against a 3bet a lot, which is why they suck.

B

boldnbet

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can somebody sweat me this Saturday? I'm new to this so I'm not sure how it works.

Thanks

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well try to be a little bit more active here at CC ... I know you just joined, but obviously (speaking personally) we'll be more inclined to sweat someone who looks to be a promising member of our community.

Clearly Saturday didn't work but I am sure a few of us might be around in the coming weeks to figure it out.

B

boldnbet

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand. Thanks for the response.

P

PLO1519

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright ... I've spend about 30k hands at 50nl, and here are some things that I've learned for those of you that are just getting or new to the limit. These are just "pearls of wisdom" that are randomly coming into my head for 50nl FULL RING.

- Out of all the players I have seen at this level, I only respect 2 other regulars, who both play a nitty 12/10 TAGish game and have shown a profit. Many of the other regulars I don't think are very good and tend to play a 17/8 game which means they either are calling too much preflop or not raising enough preflop.

- Occasionally you'll see a supernova sit at a 50nl table. Don't be intimidated. The three that I regularly see at the tables are all terrible.

- You will find a few decent shortstackers that buy in for the minimum $10. These people are the scum of the Earth. They typically stack with AJ or better, and pocket Jacks or better. That's a real good solid definition of their shove range preflop.

- a preflop 4 bet has meant either KK or AA from a fullstacked player (meaning they bought in for $50). In all those hands I have yet to see someone 4bet or 4bet-shove with AK or QQ.

- People cower and run in fear from a 3bet in position preflop. It's a great way to snatch those stealy people sitting in the cutoff seats.

- During "peak" house the tables usually have at least 2 or 3 complete fish with stats like 78/20 or 38/0 who are begging you to take their money. Do it, and don't feel bad. Make sure to keep the game friendly so they come back again for more :)

- A min-raise from the blinds as a 3bet has usually meant a huge hand (QQ to AA)

- As usually do all the right things ... make sure your betting sizing is correct, don't slowplay, be aggressive post flop.

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote here except the fact that you say people don't 4bet shove preflop with AK and Q's, which I have definitely seen. Pretty much spot on with everything, well said.

S

SIMONE73

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These look like some decent graphs keep up the good work ! :)