Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What types of notes about your opponent do you make when you play in the poker rooms?

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
notes

I only makes notes on players at money tables after playing several times with them . usually my notes include typical styles of play of that player such as pushes with any pocket pair, goes on tilt when not winning, bingo player and pusher as well as good player .

GL all :D

DanS87

DanS87

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have only just started taking notes on players, so relatively new to it.

I currently run a colour/traffic light system. Green is a player that I've noticed playing poor hands, or someone who tries to bluff far too regularly. Basically someone that should be easy to win from.

Orange is someone who makes some smart plays, and is typically a tighter player. Plays good hands and seems to know when best to fold etc.

Red players are players that seem to know exactly what they are doing, have much more experience than I do and seem to be making the right calls pretty much all the time. I am less likely to be winning money off of these people.

It's not at all a perfect system, and I have no doubt as I learn more I will adapt and expand it, but it's starting to work for me. I joined a cash game table and a number of the players were ones I'd tagged red. I didn't hang around and went to a different table.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make marks on opponents who make minus and plus actions.

M

Mpennies

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ALL KINDS

What types of notes about your opponent do you make when you play in the poker rooms?

The biggest notes I take are what hands they play preflop, what position they were in, and did they limp it or raise. Also, what hands they call with preflop to raises and what position they were in. It helps me understand their range and how they play certain hands. For example if they limp UG1 and UG2 raises 3x blinds, and it folds around to them. They call with A8 suited. It tells me they overplay their Aces so if I have AK and raise, if an Ace comes I have them dominated most the time. Or if people call a raise preflop and hit middle pair, they donk lead. It tells me they will pretty much overplay their hands and I want to play as many hands as possible. I am no pro but basically, what kind of hands they play preflop, how they play the flop, turn, and river with those hands. As well as whether they were in position or out. Hope what I said wasn't just over-the-top obvious.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely different notes, the most important thing is not to be lazy to make them.