Normal MTT´s better than Turbos while learning?

O

oldbutslow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently came back to play poker in early april and i used to play turbos back in the days because they were quicker and gave me more volume and my buddies said they were the best, haha.

But now i feel like while relearning the game in hopefully a more correct way i should stay away from Turbos and play the 8-10 min MTT´s instead.

I play on pokerstars and partypoker and usually play 4 MTT´s at the same time, but playing 4 Turbos the same time can get very stressful, the one downside with the normal structures is that they take much longer to play if there are alot of players that buy-in to the MTT.

On PartyPoker the fields aren´t usually that big but on Stars they can get huge. Are there daily regular tourneys or multi Sng´s on Stars that have a maximum regulated amount of players?

I did play one event during the micro millions, event #50 and there was roughly 7500 people playing, i ended up in 52nd place and it took over 5 hours, a smaller field would surely not last that long? The winner of the tourney played +8 hours.

Any suggestions on what normal tourneys to play on Stars, Party or 888 is much welcomed.

And my buy-ins are 50 cents to 2 dollars at most, i usually register for 0.50-1 and sometimes i´ll ad a 2 dollar to the mix.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play the $1 45man 10min blinds on Pokerstars, 1h30 duration good for relearning

O

oldbutslow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play the $1 45man 10min blinds on Pokerstars, 1h30 duration good for relearning
Thanks for the suggestion.

I changed my filter settings to normal and to hide turbos in the client today and i did play some 45 mans today but only the 0.25 ones. I only have $30 on Stars so i´m trying to play according to my bank roll.