Kelseyc33

Kelseyc33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
HI,

I have recently picked up playing poker thanks to my Fiance. Any tips or software I should use when playing online and or what sites should I avoid and which ones are good to play on ?

Kelseyc33

Kelseyc33

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
p.s. I used his facebook to create the account :)

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
welcome to cardschat !i don't know where you live but find some real money online sites that are available in your area( poker sites , not 'Apps' ! ), download ( i recommend a laptop ) and see if they offer freerolls . get used to the home page , software , etc , and make a deposit later if you feel like it . also, realize it can be difficult to later get any money out as you need to 'verify' your account to do that ,and sometimes 'roll over' your deposit ,so understand what is required to withdraw funds .if a bonus code is available use it . CC offers lots of freerolls where you can actually win cash and/or gift cards .... familiarize yourself and start playing those . im not gonna speak about poker data tracking sites 'cause i don't think its fair, and might be too much if you're just starting . if you do play tournaments( MTT, SNG, HU etc) you can track your results on 'sharkscope '. lots more to learn too !

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have recently picked up playing poker thanks to my Fiance. Any tips or software I should use when playing online and or what sites should I avoid and which ones are good to play on ?
Living in canada is probably the best place to play online, imo. Kudos on your immaculate location, I'm quite jealous. :confused: But I digress.
The online poker world is your oyster so pokerstars, 888, and America's Cardroom (ACR) would be the rooms I would focus on.

PokerStars because it's PokerStars. Sunday Millions and all the other grand tournaments throughout the week are enough incentive to play there. I haven't played there for $ in a while but when I did, their buy-ins were a bit more than other sites, .25c on the $. A $1 sit-n-go would cost $1.25 to enter, $3 sng was $3.75, etc. I don't know if they've toned that down or not but there are other places to play that are less "rakey", imo.

ACR is another good site. They have the "Venom" series and other bi-monthly tournament series. They recently completed an Omaha tournament schedule, a PKO (progressive knockout) series, and also have a micro-stakes trny series. ;)

888 is the site I wish I could really play at. That and party poker. I've also noticed WPT Global is doing pretty good. I'd try there if I were you, just for the helluvit.
Enjoy your online venture and I wish you the best of luck. :)(y)