Total posts
Chips
Need your opinion guys on this spot.
Hero 52bb stack. UTG raises 3x w QQ
Only Button calls 42bb stack.
Flop A59 rainbow.
Question:
1. Do you cbet here? How much?
2. If you cbet & villain call. Do you bet turn?
3. If you check and villain bet do you call?
4. If you call flop, do you call on turn bet?
I have no idea in villain.
Thanks in advance.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every situation different is board dry or wet for example or is opponent tight loose ect would vary play but mainly bet sizes are important small bets keep honest all ins fold best play.
1.Do you cbet here? How much?
3x again hope to win the pot here
no!
No as my 3x information flop bet already told me opponent most likely has aces unless small bet.
Definitely has aces or stronger most of the time in this situation even though QQ is strong hand folding is the best play in the long run.
Depends though does it look like opponents on straight draw or flush draw?

Last edited:
fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd c-bet if your heads up in the pot then readjust on the turn depending on what the villain does.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe try a check raise if that is possible. You will know pretty quick where you are at. They should only continue with Ax. Not a lot of middle and bottom pairs in their range i would think.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In this spot I do a pretty even mix of c-bet/shut down and check/fold. The only time I'd ever consider calling anything is if it goes check/check flop and turn and then V bets river.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you didnt give off how much blinds or bet was to stacks but i cbet here

thetzarofpoker

thetzarofpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop A59 rainbow.
Question:
Thanks in advance.

Make your continiation Bet with Pot x3, if he calls he`ve got an A..

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Make your continiation Bet with Pot x3, if he calls he`ve got an A..
disagree 100% on this.... depends stack size if villian has a stack him calling here should probably be done unless had like 22 and is akj flop etc... if board says you are already beaten you should lay down.... I will tell you I would NEVER win if I only cbet and didnt bet turn...

now what I like to do is change bets so say blinds are 500/1k you bet 3k to get into pot.... villian called matters if is the villians blind!!!!! his position etc..

so basically you have a pot of 8k say for round enough numbers.... I would not 3 bet here... I would go into a quarter bet of say 2200...... so villian calls... I would do that same bet 2200 one more time.... see if folds if he comes overtop slams yep he has an ace but honestly i get most off this... They think i was betting a big to medium ace at the least ....

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This flop is obviously not for you. You can lose a lot by building up a big pot. A small bet will help you. If the opponent received an ace or a chance to collect a flush, he will continue the game.

J

johnsulliv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players call with a lot worse than ax...sometimes

A c-bet is valid, check raise is valid.
I prefer a check raise, or even a check call.
I like the idea of a half bet, I would check as far as the turn without value betting. And folding it it becomes apparent that opponent has an Ax or better.

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop A59 rainbow.
Question:
Thanks in advance.

I'm definitely cbetting here and repping AK, AQ, and maybe AJ for sure. If he calls, I'll still cbet the turn for around 25% pot, but I'm not going to be looking to get involved in too much action. If he check raises I may call if the price is reasonable but I will be looking to see a showdown as cheaply as possible or fold turn here

S

Space635

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At that moment, depending on, would go hall-in at the opening of the turn.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Flop A59 rainbow.
Question:
Thanks in advance.

I like a lot of the answers on this thread.

I would also c-bet with 4bb and if the button calls then ~7bb bet on the turn.

It is a tough spot being OOP. But, bet with confidence. If the button raises for some reason I might consider folding. Depending on the stakes you are playing.

Good question and good luck !

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's most certainly a C-bet. I might go about 1/3 pot. See if you could get a read on the opponent and use all information obtained to evaluate what you should do on the turn.

B

bestiljr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks to all of your opinions guys. I like the sizing cbet 1/3 of the pot so i get a lot of curious call here, because i think if i cbet half pot here and a turn is a brick, its hard to bet half pot again w/ QQ, and i dont like checking the turn because you cap your range in that move. Villain will think you dont have TPTK or better, and he will fight back at you. I think betting turn can buy a cheapest showdown here. What do you think in my thoughts? Thanks

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C-bet 1/3 of pot is good here, but also i like with check-raise.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks to all of your opinions guys. I like the sizing cbet 1/3 of the pot so i get a lot of curious call here, because i think if i cbet half pot here and a turn is a brick, its hard to bet half pot again w/ QQ, and i dont like checking the turn because you cap your range in that move. Villain will think you dont have TPTK or better, and he will fight back at you. I think betting turn can buy a cheapest showdown here. What do you think in my thoughts? Thanks

well 1/3rd pot is not explained still :) this is issue i need information regarding your stack and villians stack for that amount of chip bet on flop??? see if is too much i met underbet it not a true 3xcbet which i use a lot to mix up etc.. i did that last night with flopped quad queens and broke a guy cause he got messed up over my bets honestly....

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bet small and see the villian response
You have to get information from the villian to anticipate your next move
Bet if you think you have a chance
Otherwise just fold and wait for the next hand

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop A59 rainbow.
Question:
Thanks in advance.

I would c-bet 1/2 - 3/4 pot because I can still rep a big Ace given my preflop raise in early position. You have to ask yourself how often do you make it 3x. If it's often, he might call you lighter. If not, then he can give you credit for Ax. You have to also know what's he calling you preflop with. Is he loosey-goosey or what?

Determine his range of hands.

He can call you with 9x or 5x or a gutshot to a wheel or gutshot to a 9 high straight on flop if you bet or even Ax. Or even a complete float but you don't even know if he's good enough. He can also have a backdoor flush with a pair or a flop gutshot draw.

If he calls flop, I would check to re-evaluate on turn. See if checks or what he bets. His bet sizing can give you info. He can check behind Ax without a strong kicker too. That's why it's important to know his preflop range. If he bets, I might fold depending on how much he bets. If you were bluffed, it's not the end of the world. You didn't lose much. Go with your feel of the situation though.

If he checks, then I'm probably betting into him on the river. Have to ask yourself how often he's going to have 9x or 5x there. If it's often, then you can still get value.