LUCASFS.

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
GOOD AFTERNOON GUYS!!!

A big question of mine and a question!!
When and how should I run with Pair of AA's, pre-flop\ Turn\ River??

Ok. I consider it a great hand but I lost more with it than I had good results.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Always consider raising with aces, don't limp or try to be sneaky. Finding yourself in a multipot on the flop is the last thing you want. On the flop you should again try to bet and raise, after all, that's the only way to get more money into the pot.You have to constantly ask yourself, “Okay, what could my opponent have that is beating me?” and thus try to find out what kind of hand he might have.Aces are not a good hand for slowplaying. The ideal situation is to put it in right away preflop. However, this is not so easy to do, especially in cash games. If you still can't put in right away, then try to at least reduce the number of players who see the flop, and then continue to bet on the flop yourself.

B

Broz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips

How did you lose the most with AA?
If you've lost more so far, then keep playing with them because the trend going forward is for you to win more.
It's simple math.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yea if you are loosing with AA all the time you are going to have to figure out what you are doing wrong. Study up and try to find out what it is you need to do to turn this around.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you always raise or reraise with AA preflop, until all the chips are in the middle, then you are not making any real mistake. There are certain situations, where a slowplay can be higher EV, but if you are new to the game and maybe not all that comfortable postflop, then just take an aggressive action, when you have the nuts. And dont choose silly sizing like making it only 5BB over a 2,5BB open raise. Use the same size, you would use with other hands, like maybe 3X in position and 4X out of position for a 3-bet.

Postflop AA is really just a hand, and there are no concepts, that apply exclusively to AA. They are all general like value betting, bluff catching, pot control, hand planning, hand reading and so on and so forth. So the best advice is to simply take the CC 30 day course, if you did not do it already. The only difference is, that AA is almost never a hand, we should consider bluffing with, since its always at least the best possible one pair hand.

The final and maybe most important advice is about the mental game. You need to accept, that getting drawn out on is part of the game. Just because you are ahead at some point, dont mean, you will always be ahead on the river. This is just part of the game, and it does not really matter, if you have AA, which was the nuts preflop, or maybe you flopped top pair but ended up losing to a flush. In both situations the goal is to not lose more, than you have to, and then simply move on to the next hand without letting it tilt you.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This hand must be played according to the position, the number of chips and of course also according to the flop or,, All In," before the flop.

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You need to accept, that getting drawn out on is part of the game. Just because you are ahead at some point, dont mean, you will always be ahead on the river.
I think this is one of the most important, if not most frustrating, aspects of the game to accept. However, once you come to terms with it, I believe it allows you to play freely and not second guess yourself.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
as always, you play aggressively with a strong hand if dangerous cards come out that fit your opponent's range, then you should not immediately let him make a combination of two pairs or older, just place huge bets if your opponent has a weak hand just trying to get less from the pair than yours

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This really depends on the effective stack depth.

AA with 6BBs is very different than AA with 500BBs.

Doyle liked to say "Aces are great for winning a small hand and losing a big one."

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think ther is a club :)) , relax you are not the only one ..not a long time ago I lost just in one day 5 times with AA

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Personally, I don't know the best way.
but the worst in my opinion:
come in limp.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GOOD AFTERNOON GUYS!!!

Funny there is an old saying that with AA you win small pots and lose big ones---that was based on Villains only putting chips in the pot when they have better than 1 pair---Take a look at your hand histories and see if that is what is happening to you or if they are just getting lucky on rivers etc?

Secondly look at your hand histories and do board reviews--are the boards that I am losing on the type of boards that 1 pair even AA wants to be pot controlling but you are playing for stacks instead.

Hope this helps

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My goal with AA is to bet, bet, bet, shove

I am trying to get my whole stack in with AA in NLHE.

And - I want to get called by one player.

So - isolating that one player preflop is important.

Good luck !

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to get as much in the pot as possible preflop. Best scenario is all in.

Post flop, if you bet and you get raised, slow down cuz unless there's an A on the board all you got is an overpair. You might have to consider folding against certain opponents with certain board texture.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you can play aggresive on all street and analise how play your opponent

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
If you're with AA, and someone raise, then 3bet at the tables, and choice a good value of your bet.
If you opening first your hand, then open AA with 3BB or 2,5BB, and keep a eye at the tables, and if some players playing just call, then you will see the flop, and if someone is raise 3bet, then it's up to you for 4bet.
It's depends of situations, and position try to play aggressive with premium hands.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GOOD AFTERNOON GUYS!!!

Way back in the Doyle Brunson days there was a saying "AA wins small pots and loses big ones" The reason for this was that most people played their ranges unbalanced which meant the Villains could put them on aces often pre flop and then only continue with high equity hands post flop or AA cracker pairs

This is the first thing you want to be looking for in your game. are your V putting you on AA and only putting money in the pot post flop when you are behind or when they have big draws?

Secondly if you are going multiway with AA you have to realize that the highest frequency of winning show down hands is 2 pair+. Therefore even the best one pair hand AA is not great to be playing for stacks multiway.

:unsure::geek:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Aces are a great hand, but most players forget one very important fact with them post flop. Aces are the nuts preflop but one we see the flop they are just a pair. Many players will raise and get re raised and play 200BB pots with them when they should be more careful.