DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You probably thought I was going to talk about addiction, but that's not the subject I want to address here.
While addiction in any situation is extremely destructive, I believe there is an even worse situation if you don't have a careful eye.

The human being has a unique characteristic that differentiates him from all species in the world, which is the act of thinking, which makes him know what he should or shouldn't do, where he should or shouldn't go or what he wants or doesn't want. All this stimulated by instincts and emotions.
We can break down Poker into two basic emotions:
- Happiness, which usually occurs when you win a tournament or for some people a specific hand or simply when you manage to perform a thorough reading that makes you categorically hit a hand for example.
- Sadness, which occurs when you lose all your bankroll, when a bad beat happens, when a player offends you for no apparent reason or simply for not understanding the math or the concept of the game, for example.

We know by heart the good feelings that our beloved game conveys to us, but this dark side needs to be addressed and perhaps alerted so that we can create an environment and a healthy mental state for all players.

According to author and motivational speaker Jim Rohn, people are an average of the five people closest to you, that is, if you regularly participate in a group, you will automatically influence and be influenced by that group, making group action a standard. between members most of the time.
Knowing this, we can analyze the following line of thought:
If you are a person who allows yourself to feel negative feelings like anger and hatred, distilling dense attitudes and words in forums or even at the tables you attend, this becomes a pattern, and people who tune in for sympathy, begin to develop by inducing this same behavior naturally and perhaps unconsciously.
Yeah, it's shocking to think about something like that, or even think, "wow, a person being influenced that way would be idiotic." but yes, it is possible and there are studies around the world that prove it.

So what should we do to lessen the influence and generation of this negative feeling?
Influence only depends on your medium of bonds. I'm not saying to go around judging everyone around you, even because we should be rude to ourselves and indulgent with others, so I'm saying that you can plant a seed of good feelings in yourself so that everyone around you can see how you face it. situations with good energies and through their influence and tune, making them perceive themselves and also want to transmit the same.
Realize? All of this starts with you and ends with you, it's a mental control of how you act in your everyday life so that you can create a better world in a broader way.
Yes, it doesn't just impact poker, but the world.

What is the meaning of this text?

Avoid judging someone for thinking they know or don't know something; eliminate the triggers that make you angry, and in more direct ways, emotionally unbalanced, if necessary, disable even chat and message bubbles, but learn to channel only good feelings, because any evil you direct at someone, the first to you are the one to be affected, because this was generated in you, then it passes to the people closest to you, your family and friends, and if it is on the internet, it has no borders. Can you see the snowball?
We always see the phrase: "Let's change the world together." there is a legal context, but what needs to be changed is yourself, because as discussed here, the process becomes exponentially natural.
In other words, take the first step, for yourself, for your family, for your friends and for the world.

It is not an easy process and it will change overnight, but step by step you will reach your destination.

I hope I managed to convey a good message and help as I was helped.

Good energies to all.

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent article for reading and lifelong learning my dear colleague, there really is enough reason here, in everything.

Thank you for this article.

bardhylmemaj

bardhylmemaj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AL
Chips
Very constructive. It makes you think about the best of things.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a form of gambling and for some people this addiction is not easy to cure. You can go through all the emotions that poker gives you but for some it goes beyond that