MIT class on Poker?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Crappy thread title, and crappy explanation, I have so many things going on, but did come across this. I shouldn't post such a basic thread without first watching, but I am just busy. Ok, so there is a MIT course on poker, this is the intro..anyone want to watch and chat about it? I am always up for learning, just takes me longer than usual since I am doing so many things lol.

Another video.

I don't at ALL think this is better than the 30 day course here at Cardschat, I just like to hear different perspectives about the game and find it interesting that they teach it as an actual college course at MIT. (I guess it is an elective credit?) Kind of strange really lol

Last edited:
Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The same video came up last November. It didn't raise much interest.
Thanks, I see. I pour through tons of boring poker content, and this might just be the same. It is still interesting that they made a college course out of it... lol.

A

a1232

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Seems like a similar quality to the 30 day course at Cardschat albeit a bit more longwinded.. anyone else have thoughts?

B

bananovsky1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One of the biggest universities here in brazil had an optional discipline about poker as well

It even had Andre Akkari as one of the teachers

Interesting to see the game being taught at universities, there are so many things you can learn from poker and use on daily basis (ex. patience, discipline and bankroll management)