min raising with aces...

greywind50

greywind50

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't fold aces, so I allin preflop everytime. I just can't fold them.
If all I win is the blinds, it is what it is. :confused: I may not win the most this way but I lose alot less. It's an easier decision for me preflop/allin than folding/playing them postflop.

I

ichim3

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that is not a good tactic because then ur opponent knows when u have AA. Moreover u win to less with this tactic. Sometimes it is a good tactic but when ur opponent has luck than you will loose with AA against a much worse hand.

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In some ways Aces are the bane of every poker players game.
Brunson always says - you win a small pot or lose a big one.

I usually looks at Aces, like any other pair. I raise (3-4x BB depending on the action at the table) in early to mid position and may call or re-raise in late position.
A lot depends on the table, are they loose, tight, is someone on a run?

Once I see the flop I look at what everyone who has stayed in might have, my Aces are of no importance at this point, they are still just a pair.
(Unless of course I hit that set.......YUM)

Is there a flush draw, a straight draw, has the board paired?
These are the questions I think you have to ask yourself.

Once you see the board if you have been following the other players actions you will know what to do.

The biggest problem for a lot of people is they think Aces are invincible....guess what....THEY AREN'T!

If you've been playing for any reasonable amount of time you've had your Aces cracked. And it will happen again.

It is JUST a pair of cards!

:cool:

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where are you playing at the moment, exactly?? What table? :eek:

A minraise with the nuts preflop is suicide at a table full of loose passive players. So at low stakes it just almost never makes sense.

Even with decentish players at FR it still doesn;t make much sense.

Now at a table where people play a strong tight preflop game, I would see opening with a minraise when in early position a reasonable action. Especially when it's a short game.

^^^^This.
I only min raise at a table where I am fairly certain I will be re-raised so I can push preflop and then I only do it in early position. I believe it was Doyle who said "It is better to win a small pot with AA than lose a large one". If you practice min raising with large pprs and it is not under the right circumstances (which is rare anyways) then expect to be telling a lot of so called "bad beat" stories of how your AA got cracked yet again.