Are the Micros Worth It?

elton015

elton015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good words jsnake716! I liked your comment a lot! Very interesting your comment.

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes its good for sure to play micro stakes MTT i have very good results there and i am for sure beating them :) just study a lot watch videos and other stuff and results came

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's good if you are enjoying it and learning from your mistakes and improving.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should realize that it takes the SAME amount of time,effort,luck and usually skill to win a small tournament prize pool that it does a large prize pool excluding high roller tournament formats.

I usually play the biggest tournaments I can and I have not notice a significant difference between a 5k guarantee in skill or at a 80k guarantee. Is it really to much to deposit 100 and start playing with bankroll management?

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with immediately jumping into higher stakes games where the money seems more "real" is that the competition in those games is no joke these days. Even at stakes as low as NL25 you will start to see actual pros these days. These guys are not messing around and you need to know what you are doing to beat them.

Even though the money seems silly sometimes at stakes like NL2, NL5 or even NL10, this is where you are going to learn the fundamentals and the tilt control to eventually move up and succeed in the bigger buyin games.

Edit: Sorry my bad, it looks like you are talking about tournaments, not cash games. However, the same general rules apply. Learn the basics at the micros first, then you will have a much better chance of succeeding at higher buyin levels.

V

Verfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask myself if is it worth stay in front of the computer for 3,4 or even 5 hours playing poker and win just litlle money for example 70ç 90ç 1,10 etc, it´s stressing isn´t it?

I played the jackpot 80k series on 888 poker and got 13 position and my award was 1,02$ ,its litlle money for 5 hours of playing,I got tired and nervous.Of course I wanted more but in the end I consider that my experience increased and I could see different fases on a tournament.I´m happy and I really would like to know your oppinion about the question is it worth? spend too many hours with too many players on cheap tournaments?

You do it till you get confident in your skills. After that you increase stakes gradually ☝️