Mental state before siting down to a table.

Sharpie88PL

Sharpie88PL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How much of a factor is your mood when you play? I mean do yo discipline yourself and can say no I'm not able to play well today so I better not play at all? You have a schedule and plan carefully when you play knowing that you have to be ready by that time, or you make it work anyway?

Schult88

Schult88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Die hauptsache ist nicht betrunken zu spielen :cool:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to only play when my 'head is in the game'. I noticed that when I'm fatigued, on tilt or distracted I'm no good at the table and I become a donater at that point. Now when I play I have to be in poker mode.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is no desire to play it is better to postpone or after a few games is not the game to do the same as in the first case...

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont play if you just had a fight with your girlfriend!

SirYivx

SirYivx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a mental game, so your mental state is VERY important. I always play my best when I am playing with a clear mind, no distractions or obligations that I need to worry about so I can put my undivided attention to the tables.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is always good to take a break if you are not playing your A-game. If you are not playing at a confident level, you will take 3 steps backwards when if you would usually be taking one step forward. Don't force yourself to play if you are not in the mood.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For a poker player it is very important when you feel bad, upset, angry, it is better not to sit down at the poker table. The same as to start the game immediately in Tilta, it will not lead to anything good, loss and even worse mood and well-being than it was. Tested many times on personal experience.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How much of a factor is your mood when you play? I mean do yo discipline yourself and can say no I'm not able to play well today so I better not play at all? You have a schedule and plan carefully when you play knowing that you have to be ready by that time, or you make it work anyway?
Mood is everything. I can't see me playing angry. Happend and it wasn't ok. Lost everything fast. I tryed few times to control but nothing. And when I'm not in mood I do something different. Watch a movie, fitness, ...:D

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my mood does play a part in how i play, When i feel like playing good there is a lot of folding and short stack play.. When i feel like being a maniac i raise every hand and hope to get paid when i have it. I enjoy playing the different styles according to my mood.
If i'm running terrible and still want to play, that's when my discipline comes into play and i just tell myself it's not my day.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For the little year and a half experience that I have been playing live poker. I have notice that depending on the mood that you're could easily affect your game. It's best the be on the right estate of mind, being focus and relax to play your A game; otherwise, stay away from the poker tables, it could cost you a lot of money and pain. And never play tire or frustrated..!
Good Luck in Life and at the tables..!

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think this is important, if you're in desperation mode or having a bad day it is def not a good idea to play however it's good for us if someone else is donking off their chips :p

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I always plan the hours I am going to play more or less , I controll the BRM . But the bad mood and mental state or tiredness is one thing I tend not to pay the proper respect and take it very serious , so I might make some furious/easy calls or shoves that have as a result hour or hours of game(s) go to waste . I Have to fix this .

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
110%

Stress shut down higher brain functions, so you can't think clearly if you are under the pressure and you can't manage it, no matter how much you have knowledge or god level skills.

But for some weird reason sometimes when I have had a restless night and my head is feeling like gonna explode, or terrible hangover, I make my best results. Maybe because I just don't care if I lose, no any fears of losing etc. So don't be stressed if you don't feel like a winner, it will happen when less expected ;)