Mathematics of poker

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not understand how to use it, I heard about the calculation of the chances of strengthening. The number of outs is multiplied by 4 before the turn and 2 before the river. And then what?) help

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could really use some reading. It would be impossible for anyone to explain everything you need to now about math in poker in a single thread here in the forum. Here you can find a list of great books to get you started. If you don't know the basics I think a good place to start is the "Harrington on Hold'em" series of books. After that, when you think you've got the hold of it, try Matthew Janda's "Applications of No-Limit Hold'em".

micromachine

micromachine

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can not understand how to use it, I heard about the calculation of the chances of strengthening. The number of outs is multiplied by 4 before the turn and 2 before the river. And then what?) help

The rule you’re referring to is a way of making a rough calculation of the % chance of your hand improving.

Eg. If you have a flopped flush draw, you have 9 outs to improve to a flush. Multiply this by 4 gives 36% chance of hitting on the turn or river.

If you have a flush draw on the turn multiply those 9 outs by 2, so you have an 18% chance of hitting your flush on the last card.

Knowing these % can then help you decide whether it’s worth calling to try and improve, based on the call amount and total pot amount.