Low Stakes SnG Question

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When blinds are high, you are supposed to be pushing or folding as your only two moves. And which hands should be pushed or folded can be decided mathematically if you can make correct assumptions about your opponent's calling ranges.

SNG wizard should let you train how to do this best.

M

markbills7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think it depends on the players your against, and by this time you probably have a pretty good feel of how they reactto your bets....some ppl are stubburn and will call with almost everythign especially if they already know they have won some money...get a little more agggresive though

C

crazyfool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a big chip lead I think its fine to take chances raising with mediocre hands. You will buy a lot of the pots and if a short stack pushes its usually not too much more to call. Unless he has an overpair it can be worth the risk.

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mi advice wen 3 handed ,, AGGRESION,, PASSIVE PLAY AND FLAT CALLING WILL IN THE LONG RUN BE A LOSING PLAY ...GOTTA TAKE THE LEAD AND BULLY ,,LONG RUN U WILL WIN ,,PLUS U WILL SUK OUT ,,ON THE WAY BUT STIK WITH THE BULLYIN

N

ncscout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are down to 3 players you have to start playing hands you would have folded earlier without thinking about staying with. Don't forget by this point the blinds will really add up so if you can steal a few you can really hurt the short stack player who can't afford to gamble. Watch out though for the short stack to go all in.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When blinds are high, you are supposed to be pushing or folding as your only two moves. And which hands should be pushed or folded can be decided mathematically if you can make correct assumptions about your opponent's calling ranges.

SNG wizard should let you train how to do this best.

Thanks, I will check that one out.

mi advice wen 3 handed ,, AGGRESION,, PASSIVE PLAY AND FLAT CALLING WILL IN THE LONG RUN BE A LOSING PLAY ...GOTTA TAKE THE LEAD AND BULLY ,,LONG RUN U WILL WIN ,,PLUS U WILL SUK OUT ,,ON THE WAY BUT STIK WITH THE BULLYIN

Okay, but quit yelling at me!:mad:

T

TurningStar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice thread ppl...Im still learning how to finish out a sit and go as well.

Usually when Im heads up I seem to always pick the wrong to cards to go all in with or to try to re steal a pot...but it has not been that bad I guess...lol...

A

Arielstorm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When there is only three players left, the mediocre hands like K, 9 q, 10 and a, 3 become more valuable so raise when you are the chipleader with any Ace, King decent kicker and when you have position. When you are shortstacked, you only have two options, all in or fold.
I have to agree here, when you are down to only 3 people face cards are good when you have the chips. Short stacked you defently need to fold or go all in. You are either going to steal all of the blinds or get one person to call you, then it is pretty much a coin flip as to who wins. Good luck and keep up the good work