Losing And Learning ;I'm Just A Beginner

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all will learn from our mistakes...just take it as tuition fees to learning the game... Easy to learn but hard to master

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it happens to all of us. Few days ago I had AA and the board flop AxxxJ. I was a little frustrated when the chip went to villian. Didnt see the gut shot straight draw and even if I did see it I would not have put him in the range. The xxx are low cards 23 10.

I vented here on CC and moved on. Also made a note on the villian since I have played him a few times before.

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it happens to all of us. Few days ago I had AA and the board flop AxxxJ. I was a little frustrated when the chip went to villian. Didnt see the gut shot straight draw and even if I did see it I would not have put him in the range. The xxx are low cards 23 10.

I vented here on CC and moved on. Also made a note on the villian since I have played him a few times before.
That's something I need to learn.Take notes of the opponents is a good strategy isn't it?

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have top pair,but problem is that kicker is not,any other ace with 9 or higher can beat you,but ok you must try it....

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Bluffmeallin. Did a nice job of breaking down the hand.

My other thing to offer is to consider all the hands that your opponent may be playing. Putting a player on a range of hands and considering how likely they would would have each based on how the hand has played out. I think that would have led you to lay this one down at multiple points in the hand saving you some money.

I have to admit though, at times I fall victim to the same thing. I see a big pot and convince myself they are overplaying a hand I can beat and then curse myself for it afterward. Don't do what I do and let a possible big payoff blind you to what is really happening.