Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
how do you feel after losing a hand that was dominated even on the turn and you lose on the river like for example you left with KK in hand and the villain with A9 table comes Q87JA what is your reaction ?? I in particular get angry, I count until 10 and everything goes back to normal because it happens almost every day that I got used to ..

Don't be sad my friend. I haven't played poker for at least two weeks, and over the past two days I've had some bad shots in pokerstars and lost more than thirty dollars.
and also today's Cardschat PS $ 300 Weekend Freeroll - Saturdays tournament, I had in my hand a pair of kings and an opponent who had a pair of tens, he got ten flops and ten on the river, so he won with four of a kind. and also on the next hand they served me ace and king and the opponent had a pair of eights I didn't get anything on the flop and got knocked out of the tournament. If I closed pokerstars, I earn points and 2 dollars as well:(

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens, but what I think many players forget is that this happens to everyone -- no one is immune to losing on the river to a player that should never have been in the hand. I really believe the way one deals with losing, also defines how professionally they play the game.

H

Hotlantan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't and shouldn't dwell on a "bad beat" - just shake it off and focus on the next hand.

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes and normal

Depends. If im all in. Im gunna be pissed off. But if im calling someone whose short stacked i can live with it and smile it off
we usually get used to it more at the time of action we get a little angry

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens, when it does you have to take a breath and relax. After a tough beat sometimes you may get to aggressive and start taking risks you wouldn’t normally take. Sometimes I sit out on a few hands to relax for a minute.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been getting better at this. There may be a little swearing, but I compose myself and analyze the hand. I try to think of anyway I could have played better or differently. If I played correctly I find the fault with the other player. For example- "The Villain was 9:1 against making his hand and called my shove on the turn with very poor pot odds."

It happens- you lose with the best hand. Analyze the sequence of events for every significant hand and how you could have improved it- your game WILL improve.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't pay attention to it anymore, it's poker)))

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands