losing a hand

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you feel after losing a hand that was dominated even on the turn and you lose on the river like for example you left with KK in hand and the villain with A9 table comes Q87JA what is your reaction ?? I in particular get angry, I count until 10 and everything goes back to normal because it happens almost every day that I got used to ..

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is something that happens more than once, then I will take a short break. Sometimes a simple walk or a cool drink of water will reset my mind and keep me from going on full tilt. Minimally I will make some player notes about fishing and leave the table searching for another set of players that play similar to my style. Sometimes it is just impossible to out-bet a consistent bluffer.

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens all the time. Just on to the next tournament.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good evening.Of course I feel angry and disappointed but those feelings last just a few seconds. and ,let me tell you, that happens to me every day.And every day I am also that guy that wins a hand with an ace on the river.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yesterday I had aces 4 times and lost every single time. I also remember having KK and losing to 9J I don't really mind that one because he (or she??)is an absolute maniac and will give it back to me many times over. I just think to myself, Well that's the reason I'm here, to find players like this and hunt them down in the future. Just remember to tag them so you don't forget. Better luck next time lol

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
how do you feel after losing a hand that was dominated even on the turn and you lose on the river like for example you left with KK in hand and the villain with A9 table comes Q87JA what is your reaction ?? I in particular get angry, I count until 10 and everything goes back to normal because it happens almost every day that I got used to ..
Would be more tilting if the board came Q87JT.

It's just boring to see it now that it's almost impossible to avoid it.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im starting to forget how i feel actually winning a hand. :confused:

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After long time of playing, u should find it is normal thing in poker.

Take it easy.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me that's not a problem, it happens again and again that you lose with the supposedly best hand. Usually I laugh about it when I see something like that and ask myself was he just stupid or very brave to put everything on the last card on the river. For me, what I've done is much more important at this point. Did I play right and I could have prevented it somehow. But I don't think much about it because I know such fish are never very successful for long

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on how bad it is. The last tournament I played I shoved with AA and got called by AK. Flop came three low hearts and I had Ah. Turn and river brought the two non heart kings. I had 99.9% post flop according to odds calculator. That really pissed me off. Was deep in a MTT as well. Don’t mind losing flips or even now and then when I’m 80% as I know I get those breaks as well but 99.9% stings a lot.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it sucks being rivered, and it does happen many times, depending on your chip depending on your chip count sometimes i like to push hard and force him out early.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
This is a normal game situation that makes me more angry when absolute dominance on the turn, the river brings a pot split.
Yesterday's distribution with my participation
I have Q 7 s
Villain QK o
Flop Q 7 7 rainbow
Turn Q 7 7 2 rainbow
River Q 7 7 2 Q

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two things help me process a bad beat. First, listen to the music you like. That'll put you in a better mood and maybe you'll take the bad beat with gallows humor. Second, I think about situations in which I have been lucky. For example, if I had an open-ended straight draw or a flush draw on the turn and on the river and I could complete it. After all, my chance of a card completing my draw was only 20%. That's why I was lucky enough to win the hand in situations like this.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be angry or not angry - this can always be. After all, you yourself understand that there is a probability of getting an ace in your example. For example, sometimes I don't like the distribution - when I have a pocket pair. and at the same time pocket pairs are handed out more meaningful than mine for some players. as if it was being done with some intent.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hi.
I feel good. Poker is a game where the player's luck will always play an important role. However, we need to be patient, try to make good decisions, and improve our skills. Patience, skill and discipline are the foundation that will bring us success in the long run.
Good luck.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. If im all in. Im gunna be pissed off. But if im calling someone whose short stacked i can live with it and smile it off

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My reaction can be mild to frustrated. I know the odds and all the possibilities, but I can be upset with someone chasing their High Card Ace to the river, especially if they entered the pot out of position with Ax offsuit. Then when they call to the river with nothing connecting on the flop or turn, I can be quite ticked off. But, I know the long game is more important than a single hand.
Many of my friends have a very large range of opening hands, which, in the long run, means they are losing players. So, when I am holding KK, or QQ and see an Ace hit on the river, I fully expect that one or more players still in the pot has connected and got me beat.
The only thing anyone can do is play the next hand, and the next...
If we understand the mathematics of poker, we know what can happen and just hope the math falls our way.

P

pontvadasz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a familiar feeling. Sometimes I get over it pretty well, but sometimes I pound the table.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, it's okay, I don't see anything wrong with that, next time I'll win.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing a hand is equal to losing a penny down a drain,,,:)

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's part of the game I guess.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its just math. Pre-flop A9s vs KK is about 30% chance of winning. So don't get angry, about 1 in 3 times it will happen to you.

L

Lexand

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's just math, but I would like math to be in my favor more often, because I get too much from the deck. :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands