KK, QQ, all in on the turn, two losses, any tips

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on board texture and previous action when the chips went in on the turn. It's either bad luck or overplay.

If you went all in before the flop and you were ahead then it's just bad luck and nothing you can do about it. Happens to me all the time. It is BS but it's also part of poker.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Instead of KK in the title, you could insert any hand combination. KK is typically considered an easy hand to beat, just one A on the flop and you're already beaten.
You have to play a lot of hands to realize that there is no unbeatable starting hand. After a while you won't be surprised anymore.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Instead of KK in the title, you could insert any hand combination. KK is typically considered an easy hand to beat, just one A on the flop and you're already beaten.
You have to play a lot of hands to realize that there is no unbeatable starting hand. After a while you won't be surprised anymore.
That's definitely true. The question though, is there a chance you play all in pre floop with KK? Most of the time I try TP stop the temptation but when I am at the beginning stage of the tournament and I know there are lots of all ins with nothing the urge is sometimes bigger.
What is your opinion?

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
A lot more info is needed if you want any useful advice on the play of either hand...

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that here it depends on inspiration and luck, the two pairs are very easy to beat, as someone else said with only an ace in hand you can lose if it doubles on the flop, but that's why holdem is so interesting because the winner's surprise is up to at the end of the flop.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play only on AA, but it’s also not a fact that you’ll win

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
i think You have to focus on the composition of the board, if it's safe, you can play, and if it's dangerous and your opponent is pushing, you should fold

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
That's definitely true. The question though, is there a chance you play all in pre floop with KK? Most of the time I try TP stop the temptation but when I am at the beginning stage of the tournament and I know there are lots of all ins with nothing the urge is sometimes bigger.
What is your opinion?
Difficult question. It is certain that you should raise with KK so that as few people as possible remain in the game, as this is the only way you have more chances.
But at the beginning of a tourney, where even more people may have gone allin before you, you are sitting there with a KK and you have to decide... Of course, you should go all in with this premium hand and you have no choice but to trust in luck... I know what you're thinking, I've experienced both ways. But you can't take anything for sure in poker, unfortunately there is no exact recipe.