frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know everything about that rule when a player shove and the shove doesnt pays the minimum raise, so players cant make a new raise. Can anyone help me to learn that?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for but I think you are describing a situation where,

for example:

Let's say it is a preflop situation. A player acting before you raises to 8 BB.
You have AA in your hand but you have only 4 BB left and you call with all-in.

What happens now?

Scenario 1

In the pot there is now the SB, BB, your 4 BB, and raiser's 8 BB.

If no-one else calls you and the raiser will now see the flop, turn, and river together.

You have the best hand. Do you win everything? NO.

Your all-in call didn't match raiser's raise (4 BB < 8 BB) so he will get the difference back. You will win the rest.

Scenario 2

Situation is almost the same, but now two other players also call the raise and they still have more chips left.

Then comes the flop. The raiser raises again, and the two others call. Same thing happens also on the turn and river.

Now the pot is much much larger but it is divided into main and side pots.

You still have the best hand in the end. How much do you win?

The main pot has 17.5 BB. Meaning your original 4 BB all-in, 4 BB from the raiser (matching your all-in), and 4 BB each from both other callers, and the original SB and BB (we assume in both scenarios that SB snd BB folded). This money is yours.

The side pot has all the rest of the money and it goes in full to the second best hand if that player has matched all previous raises.