Limping always bad ?

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping is a powerful weapon. The most important thing, in this case, is that you usually get the necessary odds to turn holdings like 45s, 22, etc in dream breakers. Let's not forget that poker authorities do not play like most of us at micro limits. In a high-roller tournament, an open-raise with 55 has much more value than in a carnage with a 50-cent buy-in.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a very good option) AA on UTG

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s not always bad to limp, but if you do that you need to be able to fold your hands from time to time. I really don’t limp because I love to make the pots bigger when I’m in the hand.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
To limp or not to limp, that is the question. I wont say I never limp as I don't think its the best play but that does not mean its no possible. If your going to limp you should have a plan on what your going to do. Last time I limped aces was when I was certain the aggressive player behind was going to push as they had been doing. Sadly the play worked but his crap hand won. LOL

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
limping is always bad

Yes limping all the time can be bad. when limping with a good hand it gives some one that has a bad hand to see the flop or even the turn. so they end up hitting and winning the hand.

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like limping. Ever. Not going to say that it wouldn't work for you or anyone else but its not my game. I prefer to play strong and limit who gets to see that flop. Easier to put people on ranges rather than any two cards that would call the BB.

Even when set mining I'll never limp. Open and fold to 3 bets, and with no set on the flop we can sometimes make the cbet in position if the flop looks right. Again, I'm always trying to make sure fewer people see the flop to avoid those straights and flushes.

If limping with a monster is even a question I think you should look at what your standard opening range looks like. If you open with pairs, AK - A10, mid suited connectors and up, then your AA standard opening raise is just as disguised as you think your limp is, just without looking weak and allowing multiple people into the flop cheap. People are still going to try to 3 bet and get a piece of you without deliberately making yourself look weak, from my experience.

When my AA opening raise gets folded down and I collect the blinds honestly it doesn't bother me at all.

TheIpS

TheIpS

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am beginner in poker, but I think that limping AA UTG is bad play becouse more players can do limps after you and they can catch three with small pairs or hard drow. Then in the next streets you can't know you still have a strong card.
So this play is -EV play .. IMHO
But sometimes I do it ((

pokercuttlefish

pokercuttlefish

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
limping

heard limping is not good. saw some pros who said that limp post flop with a set of 5s. 2 me, it depends on position and table players ahead or before. blinds and cards. preflop do i want a familiy pot? i.e AA first to act middle stack. i may do min raise to see who wants to stay.odds off calling a shorts all in.(1/3 my stack) (late near the bubble) i would be torn to isolate or call. prob reraise to most my chips and hope all fold. odds are good for me and i wont bust if i lose.my luck, ill have bigger stacks call and lose to a set. 50% limp or raise. all in is always a gamble if you can bust. no $ for chu. have to lie to the poker hating wife when she asks "how much did you lose"? "but honey" "i had AA"!! dont work. add on $50 to give to her and lie." here is half of what i won honey". (unless i owe her money. poker love and gl at the tables.