hear me

never fold if u can check the future is undescifrable

RCtheDabbler

RCtheDabbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont listen to the other players they obviously dont know what they are saying because who would fold ANY hand if they could see a flop for free

A

aznman08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At 2+2 you really need to sort through all the troll posts to find posters with decent advice. I just read through the forums for the humor mostly.

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Fold the BB when it's limped around to you? This has to be even worse than not waiting for the BB when you sit down at a cash game table.

Cephas

Cephas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't do this though or you'll very likely get flamed here :D

You know, I really do not care. I may even raise here. I am not a professional poker player, but I have been playing a long time. I play the way I want to. It may not be correct in the eyes of the "poker world", but I do not care. Flame on!!:icon_pira

Cephas

Cephas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never fold on the BB if all you have to do is check.

Ignore those idiots who told you you should be folding cos they clearly have no clue how to play poker.

Makes a personal note to never visit 2+2.

So glad I found CC first or I would be playing worse than I started instead of improving my game right here :)

CC is clearly the best forum on the internet by miles :)

+1

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't do this though or you'll very likely get flamed here :D

You know, I really do not care. I may even raise here. I am not a professional poker player, but I have been playing a long time. I play the way I want to. It may not be correct in the eyes of the "poker world", but I do not care. Flame on!!:icon_pira

It wasn't meant as a personal attack on you. I only mentioned flaming as a joke because it is what the OP is all about. In fact most of us here don't really go in for flaming, we would rather give advice.

My advice, (which was aimed at the OP), is that it is -EV to defend the BB against a raise and then play the rest of the hand OOP with 92s.
I turned the observation into a joke.

You are completely free to play the hand any way you want, I'm not going to be doing any flaming. ;)

J

johnbossinger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Check or fold

Guess whoever told you that is the one that tried to steal it. Dont ever fold when you can check in cuz things like that happen all the time. Ever think to yourself I should play this then fold and bammmmm there it is and you would have one. Sounds to me like a sore loser told you the right thing to do is fold. LMFAO:jd4:

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No wrong move is possible here what so ever.
Obviously you would just check your big blind,hell alot of seasoned pros might even call an opened pot to protect there blinds and see a flop,or even open the unopened pot when checked around to them.
Because you stacked players out of there lack of respect for an unopened big blind then that to me is strickly on them.
You could have had any two cards and they should all seen this and be aware.
Congrats on the quads.

Karozi615

Karozi615

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold the big blind in an unraised pot?
.......................................is this real life?
are people actually entertaining this question?
everybody knows its standard to fold the BB without looking at your cards. OP is clearly a luckbox that should have folded pre
donkeys

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ALWAYS see a flop if it is free

no exceptions

P

pokervike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would call even if one player did a standard raise and all others folded. I already have money invested and you just never know.
Hey you won the hand, tell them to get over it.

So was she banned for calling a raise from out of position with 92o? Or because she admitted doing so to us?

"note to the whiners"
Either way, in poker good ones raise most of the time, great ones raise when they know where they are on a poker table and pro's raise every flippin chance that they smell profit! Why? Because we want bigger winners than we do losers! We know we are going to lose are fair share of hands even when calling, raising and jamming are correct. So make the most of a starting hand and brush your shoulders off before the flop hits!!!

When their crafty moves go bad, they blame the players with the nutz.......

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LMAO at the comments. Of course you were correct playing the pot because like Forrest Gump says "...Ya never know what your gonna git." Did you notice anyone else folding their BBs? Probably not, I will play 100% of the time I am in the BB and can get a free look, no question, and anyone who suggests otherwise, please sit them on my left.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even the poker room software warns you when trying to fold the BB in an unraised pot with a message like 'Are you crazy ?? We gonna see the flop for FREE here, You seriously gonna give your money to a bunch of lily livered limpers ???'

F

Frozrbyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly don't see anything wrong either. The other player had more of a reason to fold pre with 85. He should've at least raised to try and steal. I do see a lot players in the micros open limp from SB and betting aggressively (overbetting, shoving and check raising) on the flop. They let you see the flop for free and risk so much on the flop to win so little. I just find it weird but then again these players are usually the ones with very high VPIP.

G

gklcap

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol. There are people who actually consider folding limped pots from the Big Blind? Why are these players never sitting to my right!

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i don´t see any reason to fold with everybody just limping .... perfect play for me