Limped in my BB - right action?

J

jaeger0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
okay so i posted a hand on 2+2 forums in the brags,beats and variance section.

i was in the big blind with 92s
it got limped around to me and i checked.
i ended up flopping quad 2's and ending up stacking the guy who was bluffing with 85s with no piece of the board on either the turn or river.
i got flamed from a lot of people saying i should of folded pre-flop.
my logic was why would i fold my blind if i dont have to put any more money in???

am i wrong? i have never heard anything about folding when you can check...
i know that the 92s might get me into a tough position if say.. i flopped trip 9's and someone limped with say A9-79 etc. or if i hit a flush i would have to be wary of a higher flush.

but im just curious..

any comments are appreciated!!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no single reason to fold your BB when there's just limpers.
The guy with 85s might have had more of a reason to fold pre.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as long as you do not have to put more chips...I see no reason to fold...As well as the other folded..anyway I do not think you are anything wrong

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol, who said that you should fold when you can check, even trash hand that you had. .
flop can change things dramatically, and if not, you can fold anytime

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore the flamers. To fold a flop check would have been nuts ;)

S

sleepymike

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just goes to show that there are flamers that really are not paying that much attention to the game and are just looking for spots where they think they can throw out verbal abuse.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's 2+2. They were ****ing with you. It's what they do.

B

Blue_Fossil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a good lesson why you should not limp into pots...you let the BB see the flop for free and he connects with his 9-2.

V

vic75

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why fold when you can see a flop yes fold in that situation if there is small or big raise pre flop how often do you flop quads?? that was just luck but nice too hit a hand like that when defending the Big Blind ;) ;)

J

jaeger0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the comments!
Well I know which forum to use now haha, there wasn't one person that said I shouldn't of folded pre on 2+2..
I just hope to find them at the tables and take all their money :)
And seeing as it's a forum to help people get better at poker they're not doing a very good job.

R

r3dt4rget

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I checked out that thread. It would appear they are all just screwing with you because they are bored and have nothing better to do than sit on a forum and post useless comments.

On Bovada you don't even have the option of folding if you can check. Even if you had the option, why would you fold your hand when you had a bet (mandatory) already in, and seeing 3 cards was free? If they weren't messing with you, they are probably the people liming in with 85 and giving all their money to you.

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, folding a blind when you can flop a hand like your one for free is a big no no. Take everything you can for free in poker because almost nothing comes for free in poker. But you know, there are people that have no idea how to play and are trying to mess with you. Like, I've seen people fold on the flop with nothing when they can just check behind because nobody bet yet and see a free card which could have possibly improved their hand. But that was a great flop for you anyway.

Chipper_Tracy42

Chipper_Tracy42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weren't you thrilled that you stacked somebody?! You're not the one who was in the bad end of the stick here, so be content about it. Any sane person will never fold an unraised big blind. And one more thing, Curiosity killed a lot of cats! ;)

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why will you fold when u can just check and hit 4 of a kind lol

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why walk if you can fly. Why fold if you can check.
At fulltilt, there is no option of folding when you can check but at pokerstars, there is the fold button option.
Its silly to fold if you have the option of checking- not unless you have to do an urgent thing or you know youre beat.

J

jaeger0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for all the reply's guys! i was just confused that so many people were saying shit about it, and not one person said i played it right haha...
and yeah i'm quitting from 2+2 and staying on here! much better :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At fulltilt, there is no option of folding when you can check but at pokerstars, there is the fold button option.

A bit off topic, but I play at stars and if I accidentally click fold where I can check a message shows up telling me I can just check and asks me if I really want to fold.

Cephas

Cephas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as long as you do not have to put more chips...I see no reason to fold...As well as the other folded..anyway I do not think you are anything wrong

I would call even if one player did a standard raise and all others folded. I already have money invested and you just never know.
Hey you won the hand, tell them to get over it.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love people who tell you that you played a hand incorrectly when you won the hand. The folks at 2+2 all tend to think they are poker experts and that there is always only one way to play a hand. This is an example of how the anonymity of the Internet encourages people to act and behave in ways they would never do in a face-to-face conversation.

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there !

So what are you thinking to do with 92s in the big blind ?

This hand is total trash ... but if do not have to invest anything and on Flop you got set or quads that is great :) Just I do to recommend to anyone even thinking to Limp with 92s from not even SB( to complete).

yes i ready that you have flopped quads, but how often is this gonna happen??? This was one of those most lucky and bizarre things that happens in poker. I hope you somehow have managed to just check and made villain do his bluffing and you ending up with his whole stack :)

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would call even if one player did a standard raise and all others folded. I already have money invested and you just never know.
Hey you won the hand, tell them to get over it.

Don't do this though or you'll very likely get flamed here :D

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never fold on the BB if all you have to do is check.

Ignore those idiots who told you you should be folding cos they clearly have no clue how to play poker.

Makes a personal note to never visit 2+2.

So glad I found CC first or I would be playing worse than I started instead of improving my game right here :)

CC is clearly the best forum on the internet by miles :)