thanks a lot) this information is absolutly important for me

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey,
I asked Evan Jarvis this, and now I'm about to ask you...

how important is feel in poker? Like emotional feel, picking up on vibes, knowing where you're at in a hand based off it.

And where does that rank among self awareness, profiling your opponents, and range construction, in your opinion, to be a winning poker player.

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nvm...not important. I'm leaving poker for good as there are already real skills I've acquired that enable me to achieve great things. I don't need poker to be successful, and am no longer passionate about it like I once was. (def. lost the passion after realizing I can be great in other things and then didn't care to be good/great in poker anymore)

p.s. This is my last post on this forum.

Hey,

how important is feel in poker? Like emotional feel, picking up on vibes, knowing where you're at in a hand based off it.

And where does that rank among self awareness, profiling your opponents, and range construction, in your opinion, to be a winning poker player.

Last edited:
O

olonare1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ill have to check out some of your videos and see how you play before i fully decide on a subscription. don't want to pick up any bad habits

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ryan, will it work for beginners?
Beginner, no. You need some studying and volume under your belt.

But if you are a serious novice or better, it is the kind of content for you.

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey,

Feel/instincts is the difference between a good player and a truly elite one.

It can be learned though.

Focus on fundamentals, then use that and playing experience to build instincts.

neontuning

neontuning

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good job man!

I’ve seen some videos of you, congratulations on your achievements, I wish you great success!

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pro in da house!

Ryan!
Thanks so much for the time you put into this thread! Im looking forward to coming over all of your advice and instruction! How lucky we are to have a real pro over here in our corner. Thanks so much!

P

pes85

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thx

Thanks Ryan, good site
Good pro poker tips

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just signed up today! Really enjoyed one of the free vids. and am sure I will enjoy the others as much or more!

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone, Ryan here. I've had issues with the way many training sites were operated and had content for a long time. There are sites that do most things well, but some of the best done content is crazy expensive and out of reach for most players.

This is why I made my own training site: LearnProPoker

It is a fully structured GTO based training site that has a low-monthly subscription.

I made content easy to access and use and very well organized. So you can quickly find what you want to study, and efficiently learn the concepts to quickly improve your game.

Theory videos are all 4min to 15min in length. They are all planned out in full ahead of time, so there is no filler content.

Attached to every theory video is a HH review video, that teaches you how to use the theory in real world situations.

Every video is produced and edited by me and a full time professional editor. A minute of video takes more than 2 hours to make!

We currently have 30 videos, are adding 4 more in a few days. More content will be added every month, by September we should have 50 videos and counting.

Let me know if you have any questions for me about the site or the content.

I am confident you will find LearnProPoker to be of incredible value!

Hi Ryan.

Nice to meet you.

I signed up for your school but for now only the free part, since my current financial situation does not allow me anything else. We will see if things improve for everyone.
I really hope to learn with you because I am somewhat stuck with my poker.

Thank you for being there.

Kind regards from Buenos Aires.

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a long road to achivmnet poker pro player

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Let me know if you have any questions for me about the site or the content.

I am confident you will find LearnProPoker to be of incredible value!

Hi Ryan,
I really enjoyed your site! I knew I was going to like it right from the start (after watching just 1 of the free content vids. I was hooked).
I will be recommending LPP to anyone who inquires about a training site - - great content, good value!

With coronavirus pandemic it seems there's a boom happening in online poker these days. I was pumped to make the best of it, hoping to start putting in some volume at micro & LSMTT. Then I discovered your site and as I'd been procrastinating joining another training site for years now, I thought "perfect timing!"
I had hopes of making the best use of your site but unfortunately life has had other plans for me. I signed up for 2 mos., but only accessed the site a handful of times :( In the past 2mos. my mother-in-law was in ICU for 2weeks which meant a trip to Edmonton (they didn't think she was going to make it and once she was released she needed us to help take care of her), then we had to put our 4yr. old dog down due to Intestinal obstruction :( (she had complications due to extensive intestinal scarring and couldn't be saved... this has been devastating for my wife & I)... 2weeks after this my wife suffered a heart attack. Our hospital is a half hour away and I wasn't allowed to come in to Emerg. to see how she was doing due to COVID crisis.... so I was out in the parking lot at 1am in pouring rain by myself :( ,... not knowing if I was going home alone or not... or if I was going to lose her. 2 days later our other dog becomes violently ill (an 8yr. old Boston). Our VET tells us to watch him for another day (if it's another obstruction... maybe he will still pass it). He continues to slide, no longer eating or drinking and it's off to another VET (as our's was now overwhelmed with other emergencies). We needed to leave him there where he ended up being hooked up to IV's for a few days but he is now back home and still recovering (from poisoning). Today was the first day I've been able to get myself to play poker. I've tried on a few other days but my thinking has been muddled & am unable to concentrate or think clearly. (I did watch a vid. on your site on the 7th of May though... & it got me pumped to play again in hopes of starting on the 8th but again it didn't happen due to circumstances beyond my control).

Things didn't go according to plan A... or B, C, D.. etc. At least not 'my plan'. I did enjoy your site though and although my wife was insisting I sign-up for another month now I told her it's going to have to wait. I need to put in a bit of volume playing MTT's before I'll be ready.

Good luck with your site! I'm sure it'll do well.

H

hanio75

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm just starting play poker . I hope one day play poker like a pro. But just one dream. Anyway I'm just studing, may I arrive there.

For me the best way to learn poker is to be here. Talking with other players. Discuss hands reviews, playing poker. Here in the cardschat this is possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Donniedarrko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no doubt about it. I fully agree with u

G

gazdagleszek

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

You can learn but if you do not have luck you can not win.

B

bixbixbix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Course to use a HUD?

I use HM3 but I am a little overwhelmed by all the features of the software.
Anyone can recommend a (or several) either YouTube videos/Course, free or paid, that teaches exclusively:
- How to use all the features
- How to analyze hands and databases to get find leaks on my game and improve

Thanks in advance