LAGs the toughest to play against for me

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doubled up against another guy who shoved with 10 5 suited. I had JJ so called. Got scared a bit when a 5 hit on the turn, but managed to avoid a suckout.

Today finally making some $ off these guys.

Now if I could just stop myself from playing those DONs. I am doing horribly there but I stubbornly keep trying...

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The power of ace high!

I went in there all in preflop with AsKd vs. KcQc and Jh8s.

Flop is 3h5s6h

The turn made me sweat, the magic 7h gave the J8 guy a whopping 20 outs! Add the 2 Qs that would help the other guy and I was in trouble. The last time I went all in 3 way, I was a 2:1 fav. on the river but still lost so I was expecting to lose here.

But the harmless 5d falls on the river and I tripled up. :)

I guess that's why ppl love ace rags right? If no one hits anything, you win... lol.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lovin' the LAGs now. My luck finally turned around, hitting some cards.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QUIT CALLING FISH LAGs!!!
:laugh: ...OP, Lags are stealing a ton, 3betting you, playing postflop, making things difficult by using position and applying pressure...not calling with T3 in the blinds to trip mine or getting allin with T5.

D

Duamutef

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not much of an expert, but I always find a combination of position and tight but aggressive play, is a good way to deal with these guys. I also almost never go all in pre-flop, except with AA, KK, and even then, it all depends on who I am up against, stack size, etc. You will often find that some of these guys have a winning streak, but it eventually fizzles out, and that's when you can go in for the kill.

Boston1993

Boston1993

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lag calls.

LAGs are easy to exploit when I get some decent hands and hit the board, but when I don't get hands, I can't even win a pot. I can't try to steal the blinds because they'll call, and they'll raise my c bets.

I have now been at this 4NL table for 75 hands. I have had two pocket pairs (QQ, but the guy hits his A; then 66 but I folded to a big preflop raise), and suited QJ once. That's it. Ace rags is next best.

I have a couple of LAGs sitting on either side of me. I really should leave. But I am stubborn, figuring I can grab a hand and double up.

I've won 4 lousy hands. Down just $1, but it's getting frustrating.

Still haven't figured out a way to beat LAGs when card dead.

Blue Skies,
Appears you and I basically have the same problem. What I've been doing lately is when I recognize this going on, I will hopefully have enough chips to raise. I usually raise fairly well and then within a few hands, they begin to fold and then when they start raising back, you get a feel for what is going on. Have caught many sandbaggers here. It's a gamble sometimes, but hey, you are on a gambling table. I struggle with reading their hands, but watch their actions/signs pretty close. It's much better. Hand in there and try to think about things that are going on and make your best decision at the time. I make fast decisions usually and hate slow play. Fast decisions in my opinion will keep me from playing the guessing game over and over. Hate slow play anyway. I wish you luck (and me) in future games.