KK

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How can I play kk? and what are the possibilities to win or lose? and when should I throw or play it?

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Very agressive preflop (it's the second best starting hand in poker), 3-bet, 4-bet, posflop if an ace hits, you c-bet, if the villain pays, slow down. That's the way i play it. I never folded KK preflop (how i said in my thread of KK, i am not that good :D), although i should sometimes.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very agressive preflop (it's the second best starting hand in poker), 3-bet, 4-bet, posflop if an ace hits, you c-bet, if the villain pays, slow down. That's the way i play it. I never folded KK preflop (how i said in my thread of KK, i am not that good :D), although i should sometimes.
I increased three bet and there are three players who entered and one of them increased six bet. and I started thinking about what he would have. but I threw my cards and saw that I was going to lose. because that player had Ak and touched A. In your opinion did you play it well

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I increased three bet and there are three players who entered and one of them increased six bet. and I started thinking about what he would have. but I threw my cards and saw that I was going to lose. because that player had Ak and touched A. In your opinion did you play it well
66% of chances of winning against AKs, so i think it is the right play. Even if i am at the bubble i can't fold, but it is your choice, you are only bad against AA.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
66% of chances of winning against AKs, so i think it is the right play. Even if i am at the bubble i can't fold, but it is your choice, you are only bad against AA.
So I played it as I should because most of the time I lose with it. so I didn't play it.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
How can I play kk? and what are the possibilities to win or lose? and when should I throw or play it?

The problem with Kings is its a premium hand and there are so many things that can happen to you as you play.

Preflop I wont fold Kings. I can but I must have such a really great read on a player I know to even think of folding it pre-flop. Only 1 time I can say I did. Was I correct that one time? Yes I was.

Post flop there is a problem with kings. Its just a pair. Many times its an over paid but again it vulnerable.There is also no easy answer to what to do. Here is what I would suggest. Work on post flop play and reading the table. Why? Just like if you have aces its just 1 pair. Strong but a pair. To many players just see it as the greatest hand they could have and wont fold. Good players will see they are behind and can fold when needed. If the other guy your against is tight and is will to put 100BB in the pot do you really think your ahead? flop is 789 and they 3 bet your flop you could be behind 2 pair a straight or a set. When you see scary boards you need to be careful. Best of luck to you.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what kind of game you're playing cash game, buy-in tournaments or freerolls and what's happening at the table at the moment.

Nizar

Nizar

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with Kings is its a premium hand and there are so many things that can happen to you as you play.

Preflop I wont fold Kings. I can but I must have such a really great read on a player I know to even think of folding it pre-flop. Only 1 time I can say I did. Was I correct that one time? Yes I was.

Post flop there is a problem with kings. Its just a pair. Many times its an over paid but again it vulnerable.There is also no easy answer to what to do. Here is what I would suggest. Work on post flop play and reading the table. Why? Just like if you have aces its just 1 pair. Strong but a pair. To many players just see it as the greatest hand they could have and wont fold. Good players will see they are behind and can fold when needed. If the other guy your against is tight and is will to put 100BB in the pot do you really think your ahead? flop is 789 and they 3 bet your flop you could be behind 2 pair a straight or a set. When you see scary boards you need to be careful. Best of luck to you.
I know that kk is unreliable because for example a player who has 67 and you go down to him 67, I will lose the hand. even AA cannot be trusted because we do not know what will go down in the flop, so one must play very carefully. Thank you, my friend, for your advice

It depends what kind of game you're playing cash game, buy-in tournaments or freerolls and what's happening at the table at the moment.
Most of the time I play all the free and non-free competitions. so what would you advise me my friend?

Last edited by a moderator:
V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use this card as a regular premium hand with a 3-4BB raise. Almost the same as a hand of two aces, but you need to take into account that if an ace appears on the flop, then there is a big chance to lose the pot.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if KK has a 66% chance of winning AK, it doesn't mean that a player will play and win 6 out of 10 times.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
big raise pre-flop. See an Ace on the flop and fold..

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Pocket kings have one main drawback compared to aces - it is the opponent's ability to collect a pair higher than yours, in other words, your opponent may already have a stronger poker hand from the first streets. You need to understand that KK is a very vulnerable hand, as the appearance of any ace on the board can easily give your opponents a higher pair. And even if your opponent doesn't have a second ace in hand, the mere presence of an ace on the board will be enough to scare you away from betting big and getting the most value out of your hand. The chance of an ace on the flop is about 20%. it's important to preflop bet and raise with pocket kings. You have to be willing to raise enough to weed out weaker hands and enough to know your opponent has at least an ace to call you.