Just an honest question

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So if my opponent is playing 46% of hands and they are 3betting 26% of those 46%. AKs AQs AJs should of all those go in preflop if it needs to. My opponent has shoved A7s before and A10o than 55. Those are the only hands he has showed down going all in preflop.

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So if my opponent is playing 46% of hands and they are 3betting 26% of those 46%. AKs AQs AJs should of all those go in preflop if it needs to. My opponent has shoved A7s before and A10o than 55. Those are the only hands he has showed down going all in preflop.
no i don t think they should all do in preflop , i m not a pro , and my answer may not be 100% correct , so u better check again , but based of what u have said , i think they shouldn t all do in preflop . and good luck

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Thank you for posting

There is data missing.
Is your V doing anything different with 3bet sizing?
Is V targeting specific players?
Is V 3betting in certain positions?
Would table dynamics suggest light 3bets are high ev return?
IE lots of folds pre and on flop.

Have you seen a hand where you rated V as skilled or not skilled?

Why and when V is light 3 betting is the key to know what we should do with our range vs the V

Hope this helps

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Depends if you're gonna be OOP post flop. You also gotta see how he plays post flop.

If OOP I don't mind 4 bet shoving a wider range. If you call with AK/AQ/AJ, you're gonna miss the flop most times. What do you plan to do if you miss?

I rather shove knowing most times I am getting it in as the fav if he calls.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a big fan of the all-in pre-flop option. I always say don't try to out aggress a loose/aggressive player. But don't let them hold you hostage at the table either. Common sense says that they can't have it all the time. A-K, A-Q and A-J are examples of good hands quality hands to stand your ground and try to see a flop with. In fact, I'm going to probably be calling this particular individual with just about any hand in my normal raising range. If you connect, then you can use their aggression against them to set a trap and punish them. If the flop misses you, you can get away from the hand without having risked your tournament life on a single hand.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

What is their range for calling your all in?

If their range for calling your all in includes those hands then for sure you can stackoff those preflop.

This is a fine strategy for adjusting to a maniac who is willing to get in with a wide range, you want to get the money in as a 3:1 2:1 favorite all day everyday if they will give you the opportunity to!:damnmate:

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Using Equilab, attached are the results of the top 12% (.26 x .46) of hands vs AJs or higher (plus AA & KK) all-in:

we+f3RdloAEtQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Attachments

• Equilab.png
    Equilab.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: