JJ has got to be the scariest hand to play pre flop

liv3player

liv3player

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup

I would have to agree.I hate looking down and seeing J's.I would rather play a small pocket pair.More likely to hit IMO,also people hardly see them coming.

K

kevkojak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Less than 15 BB's i'm usually happy to commit to Jacks, it does get tough after the flop though if there is a bullet on the board staring up! I guess if you want to be technically safe, play it like 10's and down. See the flop with as small a raise as you think will deter the rag-playing limpers, then post flop- no set: no bet!

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to agree.I hate looking down and seeing J's.I would rather play a small pocket pair.More likely to hit IMO,also people hardly see them coming.

They are not more likely to hit. they are the same chance to hit.

M

mzdavis

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually raise, depending on position. But like every other somewhat attractive hand... you have to be ready to fold it when you feel that you're beat.

FereZ

FereZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It isnt, just bet or raise with it preflop, think, J-J is Third best hand preflop. They are winning you only if they have Q Q, K K , A A there. If you do that preflop raise or bet, its easy to fold if theres Q K 8 on the flop for example and someone bets. So you should go all in with it PREFLOPor do bet/raise.

I

ihavea4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i wouldn't go all in preflop, because there are so many hands that could beat you once the flop is out. betting/raising definitely seems like a better choice, but like everyone is saying you have to be prepared to let it go.

M

mzdavis

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raising is a good idea if you ask me... It allows you to get a read of what your opponent has. If someone calls and an A flops, it's hard to call a raise, but if you bet... Often times opponents will fold if they are holding other pairs, KQ or something like that. Position also makes a difference in how I play

M

MadJack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ it is final strong enough hand, and I consider that with it it is necessary to play aggressively enough on pre flop and also is accurate in other streets if the senior cards come

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands