JJ, all in or give up?

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No hand is safe for an all-in. Even Aces loose sometimes. In poker you'll not get any reward without taking any risks.

When you're short in chips (<15 BBs), you can think about shocking the magic range, which refers to pocket pairs, suited Broadway's and suited aces.
I think this opinion is the most accurate, no hand is safe for an all in.
Sometimes I get mad because someone gets all in and I have a good pair, so it's a difficult decision take the risk or stay safe losing a good hand 😪😪😪

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It really depends on the stage of the tournament and how many chips you have but JJ is a great hand, but to go all in really depends on how the players act before me

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are no hands that I consider 100% safe.
In order to be safe, the player must be a member of our community and learn the game and play in our daily freerolls.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on so many things

- whats your position ?

- who are / is your opponent(s) involved in the hand ? are they nits , maniacs ? are they regs or fish ? etc

- is it a cash game or a tournament ?

etc

in general with JJ you have to play aggressively BUT at the same time very carefully . when you face heavy aggression especially from a tight player especially from early position then you are at best flipping a coin in most situations so i would not go all in at that spot especially if it is a cash game and ESPECIALLY when you are deep stacked

however there are also many situations where you can or even should push all in . like when you dont have that many chips anymore ...easy push . if it is a not so tight player pushing in a tourney ....easy call etc

but your question is way too generic and not specific enough

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer AK instead of JJ but if the situation require (short stacked or to call a very aggressive player) than I'll go all in with JJ

iveta777

iveta777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi! there video with your answer :D

UnderDawg5501

UnderDawg5501

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
The problem with shoving just because you can, makes for a big pot and a big rake. When the rake is $.10+ for a bloated pot at a $.01/$.02 cash game, what are you really gaining?