Is it worth learning GTO style poker at microstakes?

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have nothing good to say. . .Ill add you should figure out what you're playing and the fundamentals of that game before signing up for all this fluff add on stuff these folks are trying to sell you.

And the fundamentals aren't raising x amount and not knowing WHY you raised that specific amount besides the program told you to.

But everyone has to find their own way. If some aid can help you then go for it but again, I would go with the easy resources and actually master those before believing what someone is trying to sell you.

GL on your poker journey.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It starts with the pf ranges which are not applicable at microstakes.
Easy example: Nit opens utg vs aggrofish opens utg. You hold AJs/AQo/TT on the button. Easy 3bets against an aggressive 40/30 fish but calls against the nit. 4bet ranges of GTO are extremely -EV on the micros if you don't adjust a lot very often.
Against nits and aggrofishes and callingstations you simply don't play GTO because it's not applicable. It's about exploiting them and not about how not to get exploited yourself because villains don't do that often enough by far.
Your statements are regarding looking at GTO E charts and applying them blindly- GTO E is the starting point and it is no where near mastery- First we learn the foundation then we adapt from there- gto E is the foundation of poker

:unsure::geek:

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally I think it’s better to implement your own style. I find the GTO style to be very rigid as if it’s been set up to be exploited. You definitely won’t need it at microstakes online. Anything to do with gurus and charts is ready to be busted by anybody far enough ahead to do the opposite once they know what you are doing.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at micro stakes, at higher levels I would say it comes more into focus.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most players would be better served working on exploitive play before they worry about GTO.

At the micros you do not even need to be balanced let alone GTO optimal.

I do think GTO helps you with thinking through the hand and adjusting things like bet sizing.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GTO doesn't work at the micros because opponents' ranges are unpredictable. Here you need to look for those who play worse than you.:)