Is it too late to learn how to play poker?

S

Styx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
Is there an age at which learning to play poker without investing too much time becomes more challenging?

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you have a great desire to learn poker, then age is not a barrier.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I'm 68 years old and only started playing serious Poker around 20 years ago, One of the great things about Poker is it has no Age Limits, as for Time I am retired and have been for the past 10 years So Time is plentiful to enjoy a game of Poker.
I just don't expect too much from the game, I don't want to Turn into a Professional Player as that seems like too much hard work, and as for making a living from the game, I really don't need to, my Pension's and Investment's take care of that.
Poker is just a Fun Game and there is no Fun when you are losing Money, So I am happy playing games that Pay for themselves, because over time I win slightly more than I invest and it is a Hobby that pays for itself.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is there an age at which learning to play poker without investing too much time becomes more challenging?
Hi :)
I think the only limitations are age, i.e. natural old age, or poor health. Undoubtedly, if you are 90 or 100 years old, then you must have lived an interesting and colorful life, but learning to play at that age is quite difficult, as poker requires endurance and good concentration.
Good luck :)

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Our mental state matters a lot, but I assure you that we are many elderly people with an always young heart, and who are still learning and we want to keep it that way. Good luck in everything!

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Есть ли возраст, в котором научиться играть в покер, не тратя слишком много времени, становится сложнее?
Age doesn't matter. It all depends on the person himself and his thinking.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't think it's ever too late to learn.... except for those people who think they already know everything👍

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, it's understandable that the older a player is, the less stamina he has (if the tournament is long or you have to play night poker), the worse he memorizes the game of his opponents. But there are a lot of age players in our Community who play very cool. It's never too late to learn poker anyway. :unsure:

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are never to old, its just a matter of effort.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Never is late to learn something new. Good luck

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s better, of course, to learn to play poker at a young age, because the brain works better.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think there is any age limit for learning to play poker!!! Unless you have sclerosis from old age :ROFLMAO:

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it´s never too late if u really want something

L

lucasribeiro85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
poker not have barrier and age to start play

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
is never to late for anything :)..i thing is a very aproach :)..most of the peoples get very easy to be addicted so i thing is a very good thing what are you doing :)..just keep it under control

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
If you have the time and desire to learn, I don't think age is an obstacle.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that learning poker is never late for any adult

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Except for more serious physical activities, I don't think there are any things that are too late to learn.
Although you can play sports at 60+, you can no longer hope for an Olympic medal.
But poker is not a physical but a mental activity, and you can start to play at any time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to reach the top, it is surely best to begin at a young age, just as with everything else. But the great thing about poker is, that you can still have fun and even win money without being among the best in the world. You just need to play in games, where most competitors are worse than you. I dont think, its ever to late to become a winning poker player in soft online micro- or low stakes games, unless you start to have memory problems or something. And of course you can also just play for fun without having any ambitions about being a long term winner :)

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
At different ages, different people have different health conditions. I think this is an individual question. There are people who, even in their 70s or 80s, are quite active and live a full life, and there are those who, already in their 40s, behave as if they are 90 years old.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you like card games or strategy games, then you can try learning poker at any age ..

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
never too late, i feel this is a gane that can be played at all ages

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Honestly I think as we get older it's harder to learn things. I think we just word get out of learning and just lose that edge we had when we were children. It doesn't mean you can't learn it just might take more effort. Well I agree with fundiver and his comment if you wanna go really far in poker it's easier to start when you're younger it doesn't mean you can't. It just might take a little longer and be harder but don't ever stop learning would be my best advice.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think age has anything to do with it, but is your memory better than when you were younger?