Is it possible to live exclusively from poker?

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think it's very difficult to do something like that, but you hear from time to time about people who seem to have done it, so it should be possible. But you really need an immensely large bankrol and a strict discipline. And when you see what these people are playing at buy ins then I wonder if they really still need poker to live. To me, it seems that it is only possible for the super-rich. Although I still don't want to say that it's impossible because there are always people who became rich in one fell swoop in poker, but assuming that this is possible for everyone is more or less a dream dream

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it is possible. Poker is mostly math and a small part of randomness. I know that some poker players live only from poker.
The point is would I want to live from poker with all with all the pros and cons of such a life ? Probably not. Poker for me is fun and let it stay that way

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I don't think something like that is possible.. not because there aren't players who could do it
but because I believe that the hosts wouldn't let someone win all the time.

In poker you do not play against the house but other players. House takes a cut via rakes and has no reason to care who wins. It is irrelevant to the house as its already taken its share. Every time via the rakes you pay to play. In every single cash game hand, from every tournament ticket bought.

Besides that it is literally impossible for someone to win 'all the time' in poker.

Captainine9

Captainine9

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Must have it as a priority, as we do with our jobs. I dont know if is exactly proporcional winnings X time playing; but I think if you got time to play, dedicate it and the chances of profit get higher

viniavelar2

viniavelar2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Acho que se você tiver um bom caixa start-up e começar a fazer um torneio por dia com um valor 10 vezes minor que o seu bankroll e consegue pelo menos 4 por semana, sim, você consegue viver só de poker, ainda mais se você estão em um país onde o dólar é mais alto.

Organize a Home Poker Game