Is it possible to avoid losing having a good card like AA, KK?

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play sure with couples like AA KK QQ. In other cases, I play carefully.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like any card combinations it is all about probability so there is always a pretty decent chance of losing given just the starting hands alone

F

filsoum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lost today all in with AA against three 9's . Bad luck or beginners fault ?

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never slow play AA or KK preflop... Bet a very considerable amount to disuade people with medicore hands from calling you and hitting the flop. This also allows people with decent hands such as AK, AQ to call you and have them completele dominated.

Even though pocket rockets look like they're invincible, they really are not, and don't be afraid to fold them after the flop if winning is unfavorable... A wet flop might make your Aces very unattractive or even worthless.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens that playing a long time we have achieved a large sum in the tournament and suddenly you can lose everything by playing ALL IN with a good card, did you happen to avoid such a situation and how?

Bet 6 times the BB preflop and play accordingly post flop.

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just now KK,QQ,JJ (Bad beat)

It happens that playing a long time we have achieved a large sum in the tournament and suddenly you can lose everything by playing ALL IN with a good card, did you happen to avoid such a situation and how?

NO. I just played now this is what happened. Had a really great start won a few hands made top 10 just before the money then I had KK and I thought to myself "How am I gonna lose now when I saw 2 players going all in with me in the BB. QQ JJ and My KK...Guess who took down the whole pot?! JJ with this board 7,8,9,2,10 :mad: Did I do something wrong here? Should you fold AA or KK when you're up against more than 1 player? :(

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no such thing as an unbeatable hand. The community cards hold the answer.

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Could someone to explain to me. odds to win on the pre-flop are 50%/50% for 22 and AKs, 22 is slightly better against AKo. So why everyone tells AK is a monster????