Is it hard for you to fold?

J

jasonryan0623

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its def hard for me to fold. Dont get me wrong any good poker player def does a lot of folding just as I do but none the less it still sucks.
I always hate having to fold preflop. It def sucks when u do and bam the flop would of hit u right in the mouth, but these are the hands u just cant pay any attention to whether you would have hit or not if your hole cards suck its usually better to jus
t go ahead and fold!!!

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is definitely difficult to fold with a good hand, but it also depends on how many players are involved, how big the pot is and other things, that I'm sure you know, do not stress when you fold, if you feel that the hand should not be played, no matter what comes on the table, a fold is a fold you can't rewind time!do not rush, and do not allow emotions to infuse you,continue playing, your turn to win will come my friend!....................good luck

Vadim_King

Vadim_King

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually it’s easy for me to fold preflop, it’s much harder to fold a strong hand, realizing that the opponent has a stronger combination. Until I recognize the opponent enough, I often pay in such situations.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you just need to understand that when you fold, you also win money, it’s not just a plus decision

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can listen to all the strategies in the world but if you dont get this basic down, none of that will ever matter. I still struggle sometimes, but I will fix this because I must.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy game, if you don't learn how to fold, you don't win. I've won double up tourneys without winning a hand, I've hit the money in others winning only 1 or 2.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its def hard for me to fold. Dont get me wrong any good poker player def does a lot of folding just as I do but none the less it still sucks.
I always hate having to fold preflop. It def sucks when u do and bam the flop would of hit u right in the mouth, but these are the hands u just cant pay any attention to whether you would have hit or not if your hole cards suck its usually better to jus
t go ahead and fold!!!

Ditch entitlement, make the folds you know are right, and close your eyes when the flop comes... pain free poker right there in a nutshell :secruity:

tame4g

tame4g

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start to realize that certain "pretty" hands lead to marginal spots (KTs, 22-44 UTG) it becomes easier to fold them. Having a HUD also helps to find folds where you otherwise might not (eg. folding 99 when facing a shove from someone who has 0/0 stats over 30+ hands)

C

craiggg123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play think discipline is the key I fold all marginal pre in bad pos

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
folding

I agree its not a good feeling to fold before flop , and then see the flop hit your cards.
in one case i got dealt pocket sevens and there was a fairly large raise to an amount that had me thinking fold, in this case i decided to see the flop hoping for a nice set to appear and several players stayed in, the flop was k77 i tried not to jump up and down as i know that is a tell.
the hand continued and one player raised and three of us stayed in and as long as there was a raiser on board i just called the pot was huge and the raiser went all in, the other player finally dropped out and i called to his all in with a warm fuzzy feeling.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is easy for me. Even if, after my reset, I see on the flop suitable for my discarded card, I'm not upset. Ultimately, I know that I did the right thing.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
EZ. I fold and keep drawing plans or models in AutoCAD, not bothering about what's going on after my fold

NWPatriot

NWPatriot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop folds should be fairly easy if you have a solid preflop plan before you see your cards. This includes ranges by seat for when to open and when to call.

Postflop, my biggest leak is playing top pair too long. Top pair looks great and feels great especially if you have a draw to go with it, but "pairs suck". They just aren't very strong. Yes, we will win our share of pots with pairs, but we should not be going to war with just a pair. If someone is willing to go to war with us, they likely have more than a pair.

So, if I know all this, why do 80% of my tournament bust outs come when I shove with just a pair? Because I am an idiot, that's why.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ggg

Sometimes you need to fold AA preflop in order to win more....if you are in bubble...vs the chip leader one fold can make you win .

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a hard time folding. When I am pretty sure I have the best hand is a different story. lol
I have saved myself and come back by folding a hand.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think I am on the opposite side of the fence. I may fold too often.

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a good player is someone who knows how to fold at the right moment

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a simple way. If you discard bad preflop cards that don't fit your hand range, then just don't look at the flop.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is hard, especially when you are holding pocket aces and only against one or 2 players, knowing them so unwell that you can not know if it is a bluff or no. I hate when that happens haha

A

AAlexandru17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It îs hard when i have a,strong hand,...but down are better chance to beat my hand..yea its hard.

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is difficult to fold when you have a good hand but you have to do it when you are sure that your opponent has a better hand than yours. :hmmmm2:

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not like to fold, but I always stuck in my position. I usually try to play many hands. Also, what I hate most is giant hands fold as "AA", "KK" after the flop, knowing that my opponent to connected better than my game.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part to fold for me is when I put a Villian on exactly right hand and on turn Villian shoves all in and I know that the river card will decide the outcome and I do call most of the times and the river does hits his miracle card to take me out of the game. In freerolls this does not hurt but in Tourneys it does sometimes but it is Poker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t have any problems folding, when I am not yet involved in the action, or when the pot is still small. So for instance folding to a 3-bet preflop is no big deal to me. I just lost 2-3BB, who cares, good for the opponent, move on. However the larger the pot becomes, and the stronger my hand is, the more it obviously suck to let it go. So yes I do sometimes make a bad call on the river in a huge pot. I try not to, but it will still happen from time to time.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its hard for me to fold when I have a hand but the problem is the villain has a better hand.

Folding in Poker