Information bet

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure I do Info bets, for example on a paired flop, all check and the button bets, I have to raise him to see if he wants to steal the pot or really has it. Or headsup I check the flop and get checked back I have to bet the turn to see if he has anything or folds. You can name them different, but I bet for Information (not always :aetsch:, for your notes)

honorwar

honorwar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Info bet at 888

My poker room is 888 and when I do this generally the opponents try to explore my fear and go all in pre flop.So I prefer not to use this tactic.

Last edited:
T

Tunnelrat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to do this a lot but I've stopped now after realizing that it was a leak in my play. I would infobet even if I completely missed the flop and I think it's too obvious of a play and your opponent can take advantage of it if he reads it as a infobet.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure I do Info bets, for example on a paired flop, all check and the button bets, I have to raise him to see if he wants to steal the pot or really has it. Or headsup I check the flop and get checked back I have to bet the turn to see if he has anything or folds. You can name them different, but I bet for Information (not always :aetsch:, for your notes)

Well, if you re-raise someone on a pair board, just to see if they are bluffing or not, then you are pretty much bluffing yourself. There is no info in that, I mean even if you have something good, say A high or 2 pair, when shoved upon, it pretty much means they have it, and you just wasted chips, in case BU folds, then your bluff got through. This is just bluffing only named info-bet but it really isn't.
Same goes for the other situation, if opponent has something he is going to call/raise and take it, while you wasted chips again. Also, there a lot of players today who like to go for the check/call line, as it saves chips. If they check, and call you after you bet, it doesn't really give you any info about the exact hand they have, and you will not know whether they have something strong enough to call another street or bad enough to fold to another bet on later street.